• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoomed's DP Map Making Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    This tutorial is extremely old, but I thought it was more detailed than some of the tutorials here. I believe I was the first to make one of these tutorials, so obviously I could make it a lot better. The region map in the tutorial isn't great either, and I can do much better. Beware of all the white space XD

Diamond and Pearl Map Tutorial

I MAY remake the tutorial to be much better if some people want me to..

Edit: 15/04/09

Guide for making a map for RMXP

1. Resize the water to 240 x 160 pixels (this is if you want the map to fill the whole screen)
    2. Draw map.
    3. When you get to making routes and cities, split it into a grid, each square being 8x8. This is a tricky part, so take your time when you're doing it. Use this grid to make sure routes and cities are equal distances.

It should look like this when you're finished.

4. After that, reconnect the map.
    5. After you finish, resize the whole map to 200%.

Last edited:

EagleRunner021

Trainer of the Fittest
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    What program was used to create the map? Also, I was wondering how to make a pokemon RPG. Do you know where I could learn how to make one or do you know what program or software is used to create RPGs? Thanks for everything you can give me =)

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Amazing. The map alone is amazing. Good work on the tut! I must commend you with perfect apples!JK. Great job on the tut, anyway.

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
    Years
    This is a good tutorial and here issome info for you, if you are putting the map in the game you need to resize it 200%

Lucar10

Record for Longest Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Yeah it sounds good but i dont have a clue where to do that

DL27

So I herd u liek Mudkipz, nee?
    Years
    Wow! Really amazing. It helped me a lot.
    So, now I can create my own D/P/P map.
    Thanks!

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Wow, this turorial is pretty good tutorial! I probably won't need it, but hey!

wilfred888

ShadowElite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Thanks heaps Houndoom. It takes longer then a banner but it's still quite easier then I though!

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Anyone wanna a region map for me? I have the roughdraft finished if anyone wants to help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back