• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HOw are you actually sposed to catch Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2008
    I've tried to catch Uxie and Azelf with Ultra Balls, but they weren't caught until I killed them (by accident)...
    And with Mesprit~I've approached her so many times and when the battle starts and I click BLOCK (as a move) she manages to get away again...
    Is the only way you can catch them with a master ball?
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    I can exchange them to you three against the fact that you vux except anything! ^^ ' an event against three? Or other if you want!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Well to catch them use a pokemon like wobbufet or another pokemon that prevents the pokemon from fleeing,
    then weaken it and paralyse it or make it sleep, that way it makes it easier to catch

Years
    I gather they are quite hard to catch, I was amazingly lucky as both Azelf and Uxie only took 1 Ultraball and partial health lowering for me, my tip for catching them is to use dusk balls, those are twice as good as ultraballs since they are in caves so you should try that. Also with Mesprit I advise going between route 205 and valley windworks as both areas have grass.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    Dusk balls for the two in caves. And then masterball mesprit or put it to sleep and then use a quick ball. Thats what I did.

pokeretard

My 2 fav types in one Pokemon!
    Years
    the way i caught Azelf and Uxie was by getting their life down to red, putting them to sleep, then i used dusk balls. to catch mesprit i kept looking for it and using quick balls.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    For Mesprit, use the Map aplication on your Poketch (not the berry one, the other one). It will show you where Mesprit is at all times. When you find him, induce a Quick status or hit it with an attack that won't kill it. Damage you do will not be recovered by the next time you find it.

Elevemage

Supreme Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    The lake pokemon aren't that hard to catch except Mesprit but all you need is a pokemon that knows mean look or block if you don't want to use your master ball. Also in my expirence pokemon are easier to catch in yellow health instead of red.

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    The lake pokemon aren't that hard to catch except Mesprit but all you need is a pokemon that knows mean look or block if you don't want to use your master ball. Also in my expirence pokemon are easier to catch in yellow health instead of red.
    How?

Well anyways, I used a Master Ball on Mespirit since I was TIRED of going around Sinnoh to get it. And if you don't have one, well, it's going to be hard! The other two were not THAT hard, took a few resets, but not much.

Pfft, what kind of idiot would waste a Master Ball on Dialga/Palkia, pfft, their easy to get, most of the people I know did. :P

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    I have more than that, like 3000+ I accidentally kept doing the 999 Master Ball code. But that was after I beat the E4.

P

Needing Signature Made. PM Me.
    Years
    They were the easiest 'legendary' to catch. EVER.

I got them all my first time too. I either threw quick balls, and got them that way by luck, or inflicted various statuses on them.

I still haven't used my Master Ball yet.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    With the one who runs away, go to a wild Pokemon patch which crosses over 2 routes. Continually run back and forth from each route so it moves. If you use repel and move around the one route where it is you can inflict some damage and repeat. Eventually it will be on low health and you can catch it!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I have used my masterball on Palkia (Panicked, didn't know he was easy) but have since recieved another from the lottery corner. Yeah, I got lucky.

My problem is Cresselia. I hate runners. I have it's health down in red and paralyzed, but no matter what I throw (other than that masterball) I don't catch it. I've learned too that paralysis actually does nothing to help you catch a pokemon, so I can't even enduce sleep or burn (stuff that makes them easier to catch). I could false swipe to get it's HP down to one, but I'd have to get a false swiper fast enough first. currently I have none.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    This is how I caught them:

Azelf-Put to sleep w/hypnosis, attacked it 1 or twice with Flare Blitz on Infernape, used 2 Quick Balls, 2 Timer Balls, 1 Ultra Ball, and caught it in a Timer Ball.

Uxie(wasn't that hard)- Poisned it(becareful not to kill it!), waited until 1-5 HP was left, threw 1 Ultra Ball, 3 Quick Balls, and caught it in a Timer Ball.

Mesprit- This one was pretty hard, ran into it on the east route comming out of Jubilife City, use a move like Mean Look so it doesn't run away, put it to sleep, used Tentacruel's wrap, waited till 3 HP, caught it in an Ultra Ball

Hope that helps! Oh, you can use same teqnuiqe(mesprit) for catching Cresselia ;)

HOPE THAT HELPS! Good luck!

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    Uxie and azelf get to yellow then psn.
    when they get to red,try your luck with and ultra ball. If it misses you better have saved before!
    For Mesprit use a high speed electric type to paralyze it and put it in red, then chase and throw.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    you can get a pokemon and teach it taunt then se it on mesprit and it will only be able to use attack moves XD

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    I used ultra balls for all legendaries but it took a lot of tries at each. For Mesprit and Cresselia I moved between Jubilife and the route below it on the bike until they were in the area and used false swipe and repeated until one hp, then I used ultra balls whenever I found them again. Took a long time but it was fun. Thank god we don't have to find them in the wild before we can track them now.

Back