• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How are you preparing for the release of HG/SS?

What will you do?

• Playing the old G/S/C games

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • Not to play the old G/S/C games

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Just... continue with mah life.

Votes: 40 21.4%
  • Stay in my chair looking at the clock until the day comes.

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Forget pokemon for a while, and in one year, I return and the games ARE HERE!

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I won't play the games anyway...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New games? I didn't know about those!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing special, just keep up with the news.

Votes: 69 36.9%

• Total voters

Mewluvr200

that anime fangirl.
    Years
    I've been playing through Pokemon Crystal again, and also watching the Johto season of the anime. Johto is the region i'm least familiar with, so i'm starting to get used to it again.

Can't wait until it's release! ~

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2011
    I'm replaying Silver, what a fun game it was, but I'm forced to p^lay it on my Gameboy advance and the lighting sucks on that xD.

Other than that I'm just going on with my Daily life.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Going to replay Crystal, then continue my life as normal while keeping up with news.

And eat pudding. Lots and lots of pudding.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I'm playing Diamond and Platinum to breed and EV train new Pokemon for Wi-fi battles on Battle Revolution. I might make a Johto-themed team just for kicks to pass the time. Other than that, I'm just keeping up with news updates on Serebii and continuing with my daily life.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I was playing GSC right before this was announced, so I'm familiar with Johto. For now, I'm just living my life. I don't want to be too spoiled from the news. D:

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I'm going to play my old gold version.
    Get reunited with Johto. Hopefully that'll give me a good edge when HG comes out :D

-Tator

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
    Well, I just recently completed a total scout out on both gold and silver of where every single pokemon is found, what levels they evolve etc.,
    Since the news of HG/SS I have played Silver on a rom sped up 1000x 798 times, trying to hit 10,000 by the release for Japan, MAN I LOVE JHOTO!!!
    oh and to make people happy, I have not once used chikorita or cyndaquil!

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    1st off, saving my money! XD I'm also playing through the game a bit to get a better feel of it. Oh and regularly checking for updates.

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
    Im preparing for the release of HG/SS by playing again the Old Games. So i can re-remember the towns/cities/where pokemon can be found ( various pokemons in Johto Region ).
    Also by studying on how to beat the Gym Leaders. But im not quite sure if the Gym Leaders` Pokeomn would be changed. But still i wanna have my own techinque.
    Im also finding the hidden items. :-D. So it's easy for me to know where the hidden items is. xD.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    Playin my old gold game,and im bidding for a crystal one right now, get all hyped up when i hear the music :D

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Preparing? Wut? xD;

I'm not doing anything special. Just going about my days like any other normal day. Maybe I would play my Silver if it wasn't messed up, but unfortunately I think the internal clock died and whenever I try to play I don't think the data saves..

However, when it's close to release here, I'm going to preorder SoulSilver. :)

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
    I'm going to keep up to date with all of the news until the game is released in Japan. At that point I will forget about it and continue saving up for a PS3. Then at around January I will start looking for release dates, meanwhile trying to keep away from as much of the interesting info as possible (otherwise I get bored really quickly when I get the game like I did with Diamond). I hopefully would have gotten my PS3 by then meaning I can start saving up for FINAL FANTASY XIII!!!! most important obviously, which I think I will be importing from the US because just like this game I cannot be waiting for stupid Nintendo of Europe to purposefully make us suffer any longer without this game. It shouldn't take long and both of these games should be released at around the same time... which would be really bad for me because I wouldn't know which to play first (most probably FFXIII!!!!). Although HGSS would most probably be released a while before FF so I should be ok... but I may not even get the chance to complete SS because as soon as FF gets a release date I am pre-ordering, so I will get it as soon as possible which may be before I even get a chance to fully appreciate SS... FF is rumored for release at around April '10 and SS around March '10... so you see my problem.

LOL! So there... I hope you enjoyed the full step-by-step walkthrough of what I will be doing over the next year... I start college and two amazing games are being released which pretty much means I'm going to fail... because my attention is not going to be on anything as pointless as school... not when these games are around!! When I get them... I may just be throwing away my life! lol

Sorry, if you read that well done! ¦P

Summary:
    I'm going to keep up to date with news and try to keep away from the games until their US release and then buy them... ¦P

Satoshi Yamazaki

Freelancer
    Years
    I've rebooted my Gold version and I'm replaying it again.

The waiting isn't really killing me, but I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the games.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So far so good. I've been keeping busy with other sections of the forums and I've been catching up on some new anime that I've found interest in. Not to mention I have also started working on new icons to get myself more prepared for a graphics shop of my own here at the community. So, I'm basically letting the time go by as I do other things that interest me. So, you can say I'm continuing with my life, but I'm also getting into new things to get myself ready for the release of the remakes as well.

I'm still keeping up to date and there isn't a day I don't think about the remakes or what could possibly happen next. However, I don't let it get in the way of other things out in store for me. So, I'm continuing on and when the games are on the verge of coming out here in the states then you can bet I'll be thinking about it more then. As for now, I'm just letting things go by until that time reaches.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Oooh, you know. The usual things; such as continuing my life.
    I am not super excited (don't throw a miltank at me!) about the game.
    I might as well just live life. When it arrives, well, it arrives.
    Maybe a little here and there I might play a little Platinum if I find myself bored.

Back