• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you with caffeine?

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    My daily source of caffeine comes from tea which I have at least once a day as part of afternoon tea. I have it regularly so I honestly don't feel any difference from having it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    The only caffeinated drinks I have are green tea or black tea and that's really rare these days. I've been told by my doctors to cut caffeine.

That being said, back when I did drink coffee I just needed one cup and I'd be set all day. The thing I hated about it was that it never really woke me up, it just made me SUPER jittery and I'm not a fan of that feeling. Plus it upsets my stomach, so that's another con :<

Years
    I've been drinking coffee for so long that a cup or two of coffee usually doesn't bother me much anymore. Now if it's espresso or something with a few shots of espresso in it, then that will usually perk me up, haha.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I'm immune to caffeine. You can give me 5 giant cups of coffee, I'll still be sleepy. It's not so bad now since I can enjoy caffeinated drinks without worrying about being up all night, but it was really annoying in college because I couldn't use a caffeine boost to stay up and finish work.
    I wonder why I have a caffeine immunity. Maybe it's because of my lethargy/sleep issues.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    At 3 coffee I start shaking.

I usually drink one coffee per day, but I can totally skip a day.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    I have to cut all the caffeine by like 10 o' clock otherwise I can't sleep.

I don't have too much of it. At one point it took a toll on me so I actually quit it for a year and a half. My favorite pop is caffeine free so it's not super common for me to have something with caffeine in it.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    I drink coffee and tea at work! (try having a deskjob without, I know I couldn't!)
    I'll occasionally have a JagerBomb or 13 on a night out, or an energy drink when I nip to the shop and want something sweet. I used to have a massive problem with energy drinks, if I didn't have one in my hand, I'd be going to the shop to buy a new one, but that's all changed now and I have it in moderation. No more shakes and heart palpitations for me :P (if you are planing on having JagerBombs, be ready for the room spinning when you try to sleep, it's not easy.)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I still drink it every day in some form, but not as much as I used to. I used to drink almost nothing but Mountain Dew, but now I drink coffee in the morning, and sometimes I'll have an energy drink or tea at work if I'm really dragging. I like that it picks me up, but I also don't wanna get constantly reliant on it. I have a coworker that drinks sooo much Monster energy, that when she doesn't drink it she gets a really bad headache and feels really tired. :/

I also don't drink any of it past about 6 o' clock at night.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm straight addicted. The better question would be how am I without the stuff. Sometimes I won't notice I haven't had a coffee in the morning and I get a headache. If I don't drink coffee, the headache gets awful - the kind where seeing light makes it unbearable.

But most of the time I drink an espresso in the morning. Lately I've been following that up with a coffee from McDonald's on my commute to work. That'll usually keep me going through the day. If I don't have a McD's coffee, it's likely I'll have more coffee at some point during the day.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm always wound up, so caffeine doesn't really have an effect on me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I'm not sure if this goes in The Mall or The Treehouse tbh

So, topic title obviously. How are you with caffeine? How much do you drink? Do you usually only have it to wake you up in the mornings? Do you even have it at all?

I'm bad when it comes to caffeine. Then again, it depends. Right now, I'm overly hyper and fangirly and can't control myself on Twitter either. fml guys pls send urgent help now.

Oh, I'm a great fan of coffee! I drink it almost every day, really a lot :) I adore its taste, smell anf that magic effect of helping me to wake till the day {XD} I usually drink coffee at home, love the process of making it, for me it's like a special ritual :) I also want to buy a special capuccino maker like from the list on this site, can't do it with my own hands, usually I order them in Starbucks and other places. Yeah I'm a fan of them too :)

Lucid

Caffeine doesn't effect me much and I just don't drink a lot of it. I quite like espresso and strong black coffees tho ;)

Years
    I'm another one who feels little effects from caffeine, if not at all. Noa in particular sums up those who don't seem to feel it.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I don't really drink caffeine all that much. Not a fan of coffee and I don't drink soda that much. If i need a little boost, I'm more likely to drink some kind of fruit juice, especially apple, than I am to drink caffeine.

Years
    I drink coffee and tea at work! (try having a deskjob without, I know I couldn't!)
    I'll occasionally have a JagerBomb or 13 on a night out, or an energy drink when I nip to the shop and want something sweet. I used to have a massive problem with energy drinks, if I didn't have one in my hand, I'd be going to the shop to buy a new one, but that's all changed now and I have it in moderation. No more shakes and heart palpitations for me :P (if you are planing on having JagerBombs, be ready for the room spinning when you try to sleep, it's not easy.)
    What the heck is a JagerBomb, type of espresso shot?

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    What the heck is a JagerBomb, type of espresso shot?

Haha! no not quite! it's very tasty, if you like a drink I would suggest trying one! :)

I'm going to quote the wiki article as the description is pretty spot on:

'The Jägerbomb is a bomb shot mixed drink that was originally mixed by dropping a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of beer but in recent years has become more popular with Red Bull or other energy drinks.'

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I absolutely refuse to drink it on the pure principal that I am not wasting money on it. I worked at Tim Hortons for 3 years and the amount of money people invested in it is amazing. I work night shift and I get through it on sheer willpower.

Granted I use pre-workout but that's the only exception to the rule.

Years
    Haha! no not quite! it's very tasty, if you like a drink I would suggest trying one! :)

I'm going to quote the wiki article as the description is pretty spot on:

'The Jägerbomb is a bomb shot mixed drink that was originally mixed by dropping a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of beer but in recent years has become more popular with Red Bull or other energy drinks.'
    Maybe I'll try that on the next rare occasion I go hangout to drink.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I quit caffeine a year ago and damn it I feel so much better now, much more energy, less naps etc. I can't even drink half a can of coke now without getting sick, which is ideal

Back