• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you with managing money?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Impulsive spender. Not that I spend all the time - but if I see something I really want, I purchase in the moment and forget to check what I'm buying. Thankfully I mostly just buy snacks and lottery tickets.

Also I enjoy spending money on others if it's worthwhile. I bought my brother subscription services so he could watch the channels he wanted here while visiting. (he has cable. we don't). Requires some slight planning ahead of time if I'm going to be doing something like this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd consider myself pretty decent with money. I have a system where I always put the first $100 of my paychecks into an expenses account, the next $100 into savings and use everything over the first 200 on whatever I want; although it can be hard for me to wait weeks to build up enough money to buy big-ticket items I want.

Years
  • 100% impulsive, which is not what i need to be right now coming out of a layoff and into a new job

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'm normally a pretty impulsive spender. There are a lot of things I'm still wanting to buy that I've had on a list for a couple years. Since I'm out of a job right now I've had to really hold back on it all. It helps to not be checking my bank account at all, and to keep telling myself that I don't have any money so I don't try to go out and spend it. If I'm making money I'll often come up with an excuse or two to buy something nice lol

Days
    • I take calculated approach when it comes to using money. I usually don't like to spend much money on things like clothing and looks, and only spend money to the extent by which I look formal or decent.
    • Don't spend money for having lunch/dinner/party in restaurant, excluding occasions like Birthday, and these too are limited within the family members.
    • When going to grocery, I only take fixed amount of money, and buy only those fruits/vegetables which are needed, not going fancy here as well.
    • I don't like movies, so some money is saved here as well !
    • Trips are planned cautiously and carefully, and everything is taken care off.
    • I do want many things, but I tend to avoid most of them. For this particular point, I should thank to Pokemon GO, as from that game I learned how to avoid FOMO, and use the resources; i.e rare candies and Elite TMs only on those Pokemon who are needed the most to me.
    • I had seen my father that he usually saves a reasonable portion of money from his monthly payment. Because of which he manages to keep money in case it is needed in case of emergency, or the situations like device failure, breakage of phone, dents and scratches on car, etc. So in these situations he easily spends money without difficulties. I remember an incident few years ago where his phone got dropped from bus while he was climbing down, and afterwards he came home, and took me to shop and directly purchased Galaxy Note 10+.
    • One thing I learned from my father is the idea of separating between necessity, urgency and craving. We do have cravings for many things, but we must know that we can't fulfill all of them simultaneously, unless we are big businessman. We need to be planned in order to fulfill those cravings in such a way that we don't have any burden in longer run.
    • Few people tend to spend on things in order to showcase or show-off, but we avoid it, hence some money are saved here too !

Sorry, if it's too long.

Years
  • I can be pretty impulsive if I know I have money to spare at that moment =P
    Atm I'm working on recovering my investment for my new laptop by trying to not to spend too much =P

Back