• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How big of a pokemon fan are you?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
    Big enouth to still stay a fan. And I was VERY 'girly' as a kid and am over obsessive over 'cute' things now.

But I refuse to give up Pokémon..yet. And, Yellow is like my HERO....

I know this post sound's a bit close-minded X_x;;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well.. I'm the biggest Pokemon fan that I know. xD;

I don't constantly obsess over the games, or the anime, buuut I certainly have my moments. & More than likely I don't go a day without doing something Pokemon related. Most everyone else I know plays the games, but that's about it, and they aren't the biggest fans of the games.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I am one of the biggest pokemon fans around, I absolutley love it. If anything were to be real, it would be this because I know I would be great at it.

-I own every single pokemon game
    -I play Gamebattles for D/P/Pt and wifi tournaments all the time
    -I have a shirt coming, and a black version of Ash's hat being delivered
    -I find myself always correcting my friends when they bring up their old memories of the show
    -I often daydream about what it would be like to be a trainer with friends
    -I still watch the animine

It is defiantly a passion of mine and anyone who I can talk to pokemon about I can get along with just fine.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I guess you could call me an intermediate fan. XD

I don't collect Pokemon merchandise, cards or figures but i do love writing fanfiction using Pokemon as a medium. I do have two of the movies stored in my hard disk however.

The Red Chain

Not all that big compared to some people..

• I have, in order of purchase, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    • For spin offs I have PMD Blue, PMD2 Darkness, Dash, Ranger, Stadium, Snap, Battle Revolution.
    • I've only ever pre-ordered Platinum, so I have the little Giratina figure as well.

I'm mainly a gamer, so I don't really have plushies or anything..
    But I'll soon get a hold of all three of the lake trio in plushies.
    <3

I swear I have more.. but it all slips me at the moment.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm definitely not a very big fan at all. I collected the cards for a year or two, and I wasted maybe five hundred Euro belonging to my parents on them? Stopped buying them when Yu-Gi-Oh became the cool card game to play. I still have them in a bag in my room though, I never gave 'em away. I've bought Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl. I've never collected any other merchandise like dolls or posters. And no one IRL knows I'm still a fan or that I still play the games. Then again, I'm a member on a lot of Pokemon forums, so... does that make me a slightly bigger fan? Even if it does I'm still not a very big fan at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm still a fan! I have all the recent games and seen almost all the episodes @_@

xXI JOE IXx

Im a huge fan of the games. The anime not so much :P

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I'm not exactly obsessed, but I am quite a big fan. I do have posters, many of the games, have my own Pokémon fanfiction, and spend a great deal of time on The PokéCommunity. :P

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    In my heart I'm still a Pokemon fanatic, I just don't get to share it with anyone I know IRL.

Ultimately, as big a fan as I am, I just try to never let it be more important than it should. As long as the Lord is always first in my life, I'll be ok! ^^

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
    i was a fan back then, kind of right now. after the game series moved from GBA to DS, i stopped buying pokemon games cause i didn't have a DS. then when they started to get different voice actors for the new TV series i also stopped watching. now a year or so after, all of a sudden im bored, so i watch the first season and now im interested in Pokemon again.

Sam.Is.Dead.

All's Well That Ends Well
    Years
    I love pokemon but i dont own much of the stuff

I have most of the games

A shirt i got at hottopic

and a couple plushies from my childhood i still have in my closet :p

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
    i have 6000+ cards, a pokedex, 3 handbooks, go paranoid if i miss an episode, get ticked if i dont have enough money for MORE POKEMON, played a game from every region, can recite almost any pokemon fact, seen all the movies, own a 12 hour box set 10th aniversary eddition marathon, have a few gold plated cards, have some throw pokeballs& plushies, tracked down and bought ancient mew, attempted to get some of the mega sized cards, tried to buy Trading figure game, have pokemon coloring books from a few years ago, i've gotten my sibilings addicted to it, and bought some customized pokemon posters.

BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!

Years
    I have Gold, LeafGreen, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and various spin-offs.

I have over 400 pokemon cards.

A few figures and two plushies.

I'm not as big a fan as many. Without the video games, I probably wouldn't like it to be honest.

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I like Pokemon. I had a few cards as a kid. I have at least a game from each generation. I have other hobbies, such as drawing, and stand-up comedy. I also work weekends for extra money.

BEAT THAT!!!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Sadly I don't really like Pokemon, I only like it a tiny bit.
    That's ok! You don't have to be a big Pokemon fan. It all comes down to one's own personal interests.

I don't have as much Pokemon stuff as I used to. I wish I still had all those battle figures I used to have. I still have:
    -2 Pokemon Red games
    -Pokemon Yellow
    -Pokemon Silver
    -Pokemon TCG
    -Pokemon Sapphire
    -Pokemon FireRed
    -a bunch of electronic Pokemon figures
    -custom Pocket Monsters DVDs I made with the Japanese version
    -Pocket Monsters Sound Anime Collection CD
    -Pocket Monsters Movie 1 Soundtrack
    -Pocket Monsters Movie 6 Soundtrack
    -Pocket Monsters Perfect Best 1997-2003 CD
    -Poseable figures of Pikachuu, Hitokage and Zenigame
    -A Lizardon action figure that spits fire
    -A Mewtwo beanie
    -Plushes that include a large Hitokage, a Pikachuu that's sitting (the first Pocket Monsters thing I ever got), electronic Pikachuu, Mew, and Togepi, Pikachuu and Hitokage bath plushes, and a sitting Hitokage plush that I had imported straight from Japan that cost me about $90 shipping included if I recall correctly.
    -Some other fairly insignificant items

Though if you ask me, it's never about what you have. Not sound to sound corny or trite, but it's what's inside that determines how much you like it. Possessions are largely about how much money you have and what you spend it on. There are no special conditions inside of you. To me Pocket Monsters will I think always have a special place in my heart. It was what God used to first get me interested in Japan (to where He's soon calling me to spread His Gospel), and it holds some of my fondest memories growing up. I'll never forget those times, and the fun I had. I can't even describe my attraction to Pocket Monsters. It touches my heart and expands my imagination in way that no other fictional work does. It takes me to a sentimental and joyous imaginary world where I can embark on a wondrous journey with many wonderful companions at my side as we chase our dreams. God's definitely blessed me a lot with Pocket Monsters, and I really thank Him for it.

Back