• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How can a Dugtrio use fury swipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I say that under it is a big giant snake body thing and it is really medusa! But seriously that thing is a mystery. They better evo and fast.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, I have a few ideas on this...

1. It uses its noses, which could in fact be razor sharp.
    2. It forces stone up out of the ground and the jagged edges slash the opponent.
    3. It spins its heads at high speeds and creates air shockwaves that are powerful enough to simulate a slashing attack.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Oh, I know why, because Diglett and Dugtrio are based on moles, and Moles have claws.

Or, the three heads act as a claw and claw it with fury swipes?

DaPews

Pokemon Planet Vice President
    Years
    I'm gonna go with Asmo-deus on this one. Moles do have claws, plus you never see anything but it's head.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Pokemon can get hit by a Surf in an underwater battle. Mew can learn Steel Wing. Pokemon don't need to breathe in an underwater battle. They battle on top of the water when surfing. Hurr. Don't they all make sense?

On another note, Diglett / Dugtrio are said to have claws or feet underneath their body.
    Imagine a Dialga walking on the water xD
    Or a Groudon, the heaviest Pokémon ever XD
    Or Groudon in an Underwater Battle, how can it get up to the surface again? Even since, in the animé Episode after Jump for Joy, he is shown using Overheat underwater(?, fire under the water???), and Wailord and Skitty can breed xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    And how can you use Fly with a Natu? How can Pikachu hold you while SURFING? Why is Skitty breedable with Wailord? It'd just crush it! How can you give a Pokeblock to a Wailord?

These are huge questions, and the answer is the same - "Who cares about that? THere are many illogical things happening, so is this any different? NO."

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Oh, I know why, because Diglett and Dugtrio are based on moles, and Moles have claws.

Or, the three heads act as a claw and claw it with fury swipes?

That's pretty much it. The artists just thought Diglett would be more adorable without actually having hands, and the motion in the show (that one episode they had them in: notice how the anime avoids using them due to they wouldn't know how to show the animation-battles without revealing Diglett's hands?).

Moles have claws, so Diglett does have claws and probably a tiny body under the ground, they just don't show it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    You do realise that Dugtrio is a mole Pokemon? So where the dirt meets Dugtrio, it doesn't mean that is the end of his body. His body continues underground where he no doubt has arms and legs.
    He comes up and scratches them.
    You just don't see any of it because we are restricted to seeing one sprite of a Pokemon.

XD Yeah exactly what I'd say.

But. How is it shown in PBR/Stadium/etc. ?

Zixtrent

Silver Dragon Scales
    Years
    Maybe it does like Sandman (in Megaman).
    The middle head is the main man,
    and the side heads are the energy towers that let it use weird nd uncommon powers!

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    Dugtrio can dig when fighting on water as well, for god's sake.

It's about time you realized Pokémon doesn't make any sense.
    LOL agree. Some things make little sense in pokemon... but how much sense do you expect with a game/anime about little fighting animals that look like bean bag toys? =))

Has he ever used fury swipes on the anime? maybe that could show how/why.

I give up watching the anime a while ago, so Idk much about the new episodes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back