• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can I add the capability for multiple saves?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    The wiki says i is possible but does not describe how. Even a cheap way would do. I copied my entire pokemon essentials folder to my desktop, but when I started a new game and saved, my old file was erased, even in the ORIGINAL game folder, not just the copied one.

I have no idea why that would happen, but can someone explain how to at least alternate saves in and out of the game with copy and paste or something. Anything really.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Save files are kept in C:\Users\Dave\Saved Games\Pokémon Essentials (or whatever the name of the game is). They're not kept in the game folder.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    Doh! I feel dumb. Thank you for the reply I'm all set now.

P.S. at risk of feeling dumb again...how'd you know my name? Totally creepy. JK.....sorta

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Dave is the generic name I pick when I need a name. That or Zaphod. The wiki has several mentions of Dave on it. It's a coincidence, I assure you.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    LOL

Saving in this way can be good for the ones who had multiples profiles, this way they can keep separade save files easily, but is hard make backups or multiples save games like randomguy2476 trying to do, so can you keep an setting option to allow the save to be in Essentials default folder like the Poccil versions?

Anyway, did you forget to list this change on changelog?

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The save files were kept in the Dave\Saved Games\Pokémon Essentials folder way before I came along. That's why it's not mentioned in a changelog - it's always been like that, as far as my "reign" is concerned.

Back