• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can I make a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    Tch. Here is a checklist.

1. Get a freewebs account or whatever.(I don't think you can use forums and stuff with these crappy hosts.)
    2. Build your website using frontpage or dreamweaver(Or plain HTML.)
    3. Install forums.(Even i don't know how. My hosts do it all for you. That's phpbb)
    4. You just use the admin CP to change the rules. You'll know when the time comes. Just fiddle with stuff.

If you want more info check the tuts.

P.S I'm 11(Almost) and that's never stopped me!

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Forum software is mostly free. You might need help installing it though.

Kyle's hosting is somewhat... unreliable. I don't recommend it.

If you don't know HTML, then you could get a layout from www.freelayouts.com and just change the content. Also, go to www.nvu.com and download Nvu, which is a free website editor that works a bit like Microsoft Word, with no HTML knowledge required.

If you need help setting up your website, feel free to PM me.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Actually, J_A, not anymore. We have developed an Anti-Trent engine and since dev and installing it, our server has been very secure.

Years
    missingnomaster said:
    Tch. Here is a checklist.

1. Get a freewebs account or whatever.(I don't think you can use forums and stuff with these crappy hosts.)
    2. Build your website using frontpage or dreamweaver(Or plain HTML.)
    3. Install forums.(Even i don't know how. My hosts do it all for you. That's phpbb)
    4. You just use the admin CP to change the rules. You'll know when the time comes. Just fiddle with stuff.

If you want more info check the tuts.

P.S I'm 11(Almost) and that's never stopped me!
    You have the completly WRONG idea.
    1) Do NOT use freewebs, use https://x10hosting or Funpic.
    2) NEVER USE FRONTPAGE. Use Html Kit , or the slightly expensive Dreamweaver. (Frontpage + Dreamweaver are What You See is What You Get HTML editors.)
    3)For forums, I reccomend IceBB.
    4) Its hard to setup a forum, just read the instructions.
    5) For FTP, I reccomend SmartFTP.

Oh, and NEVER use Kyletech hosting.

Senor Kyle said:
    Actually, J_A, not anymore. We have developed an Anti-Trent engine and since dev and installing it, our server has been very secure.
    His hosting is not that great, and he is a liar. Plus, he is full of B.S.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Kuni? I can't believe you are lying about us like that. I am so shocked and appauled.

KyleTech Hosting? Doesn't exist. KyleTech and Land of Broken Dreams have merged and now we are content-only. We offer hosting only to paying denizens and friends/interested parties now. But we do give a limited amount free hosting to test our Anti-Trent Engine.

J_A is most definitely not a liar. Confused, maybe, but not a liar.

Years
    Senor Kyle said:
    Kuni? I can't believe you are lying about us like that. I am so shocked and appauled.

KyleTech Hosting? Doesn't exist. KyleTech and Land of Broken Dreams have merged and now we are content-only. We offer hosting only to paying denizens and friends/interested parties now. But we do give a limited amount free hosting to test our Anti-Trent Engine.

J_A is most definitely not a liar. Confused, maybe, but not a liar.
    As long as you are pimping your Anti-Trent engine, I will not even deal with you.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Actually, you don't have to worry about it much longer. We are planning to give it the name AT Security Suite upon final release (AT standing for, well, you know)

Years
    Senor Kyle said:
    Actually, you don't have to worry about it much longer. We are planning to give it the name AT Security Suite upon final release (AT standing for, well, you know)
    did i ever tell you how much you disgust me?

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Considering the fact that you lie about a not-for-profit organization, side with hackers and fake your own death, it doesn't matter much to me.

Years
    Senor Kyle said:
    Considering the fact that you lie about a not-for-profit organization, side with hackers and fake your own death, it doesn't matter much to me.
    I never lied about your organization. I said that I am tired of your BS about Trent . So until, you stop, I am not going to assiciate with you or your organization.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    We can stop anytime we need, but remember that there is the issue of his attempts. We cannot let him go out and become Society's problem. We need to expose him. We tried talking this out under wraps, it happened again. We tried forgiving him, didn't work. We tried de-admining him from IFF, you wouldn't go for it and didn't work.

If we can work out some resolution where the AT Engine becomes obsolete and we can stop dev on it, we will be more than willing to play it out if it isn't detrimental to LOBD.

And you did lie about the organization. You said we have horrible hosting. TNS survived on it for about a year.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    All right, all right, knock it off...
    Keep the Trent stuff off PC.
    Kyle, if I hear one more word about the stupid anti-Trent engine, I'm going to scream... <_<
    Too much flaming, so...
    *LOCKED*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back