• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] How can I make battle animations start when the text starts printing, not after?

bitKoder

completely unreasonable
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    When you use a move in battle it says "(pokemon) used (move)" and then once that text has finished printing, the animation plays. How can I get the animation to play straight away instead of after the text finishes?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When you use a move in battle it says "(pokemon) used (move)" and then once that text has finished printing, the animation plays. How can I get the animation to play straight away instead of after the text finishes?

I don't know what exact changes are needed, but you'll want to look into Cmd_attackstring in src/battle_script_commands.c. That's the method that deals with printing out that text, so if you can find where within that function the game waits to finish printing the text, you can probably find a way to get the battle scripts to keep progressing while the text is still being written.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    The actual order of how events are executed is defined by move effect itself, so it is not trivial to change. Also: The attackstring is printed even if a move misses, the animation is only played if it actually hits, so there's also that.

~SBird

Back