• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can i make my computer run Pokemon Platinium Smoothly?

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    I have windows version 2002 , Service pack 3
    nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT
    Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80GHz, 2.79GHz
    2GB Ram

I cant seem to run Pokemon Platinium smoothly (nor D/P)

P.S - Im sorry if im in the wrong forum because this is Emulation forum :/

damz

Ultranerd
    Years
  • What do you mean by smoothly?

..Like, as in smoothly at all, or smoothly at the normal speed it's meant to run at?

Personally, i'm using a modified no$gba (get it through that 'NDSROM Player' app thing), with the update interval set at 40FPS, and the actual game speed at 150%, no frame skip - and it runs smooth as.

For comparison,
    Windows 7, Build 7160
    2.53ghz C2D (45nm, 6mb cache)
    4gb 800mhz RAMs
    ATI Radeon HD4650 512mb

Our specs aren't too far off, so you should be able to do the same.

Basically, just download the' NDSROM Player' app thing, and install it. Once installed, goto your C: drive, like this: ' C:\Program Files\NDSROM Player\Emulation ' and copy the 'no$zoomer' application, and chuck a shortcut on your desktop.
    Then open up Platinum, press F11, and change the 'emulation speed, LCD Refresh' to 'Realtime*1.5, Auto'. Also, turn off the sound..
    Done!
    Should make it nice and smooth..

(Note: If that's still a little rough, go to options, then change the 'update interval' to 40FPS, and unselect 'Automatic Skip')

Hope that helps,
    Matt.

Ghu55

Pokemon Torzach Supporter
    Years
  • I've been playing platinum on my laptop at 100% speed with stereo sound for quite a while now. I just use no$gba, find it yourself, and the platinum rom. I use all the normal settings except flash 512kbyte for saves.

The only odd thing is that the giratina on the title screen does not render properly

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2017
    I get around 170% speed but my fps is sooooo low ( like 5-12), anyway I can make that better?

LDUK

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I use NDSROM Player. That works perfectly. I have a 8800 GTS XXX So that may help I'm not sure.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I have no$GBA, I run it on "Unlimited mHZ disaster, 10%" and the Sound Output and "Digital Mono, Fast". Platinum, as well as Pearl, runs like gold.

DawsonPhan

Training Trainer
    Years
  • probelm

i have the same probelm i deleted it:( it is very slow so i dont use emulators anymore

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Dude! Just download No$gba 2.6a and it will run fine. In the emulator options, choose "Unlimited mHZ disaster, 10%" and you'll be fine.

-Crusher1

RegiRice

The Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    Thank you guys sooo much! My emulator was probably running 10x slower then the one i use now with the help of damz!

I was about to give up on it because it was way too slow :)

Once again thanks guys.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • What do you mean by smoothly?

..Like, as in smoothly at all, or smoothly at the normal speed it's meant to run at?

Personally, i'm using a modified no$gba (get it through that 'NDSROM Player' app thing), with the update interval set at 40FPS, and the actual game speed at 150%, no frame skip - and it runs smooth as.

For comparison,
    Windows 7, Build 7160
    2.53ghz C2D (45nm, 6mb cache)
    4gb 800mhz RAMs
    ATI Radeon HD4650 512mb

Our specs aren't too far off, so you should be able to do the same.

Basically, just download the' NDSROM Player' app thing, and install it. Once installed, goto your C: drive, like this: ' C:\Program Files\NDSROM Player\Emulation ' and copy the 'no$zoomer' application, and chuck a shortcut on your desktop.
    Then open up Platinum, press F11, and change the 'emulation speed, LCD Refresh' to 'Realtime*1.5, Auto'. Also, turn off the sound..
    Done!
    Should make it nice and smooth..

(Note: If that's still a little rough, go to options, then change the 'update interval' to 40FPS, and unselect 'Automatic Skip')

Hope that helps,
    Matt.
    Thats one powerful computer you got there :D

Use desmume emulator
    Runs pretty smoothly on Windows Xp
    And the Save State feature works too :D

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • Youre computers are way better than mine i have a win xp amd duron 1400+ 997 mhz s3 graphics pro savage but it runs well for hacking but it doesnt run the ds emu well so ill guess ill have to get used to buying games

Back