• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can you be so obsessed with that?

Years
Normal people get addicted to normal things. Sam gets addicted to Animal Crossing. I finally got tired of it last month after non-stop play in June last year... it was a lot of fun while it lasted, but I doubt I'll be able to touch that game with a 10-foot pole anytime soon. I hadn't been that obsessed with anything in a long time. I logged 913 hours between 2 copies of the game. .__.;

I think my Pokemon obsession when I was a preteen/teenager was worse though. And that one lasted for several years to boot. Was a huge fan of the anime and the games. I still play the main games from time to time, but I don't watch the anime anymore. I'm half-tempted to watch the 1st season now that it's on Netflix, but I don't know if I'll still think it's good.

You can probably classify me as obsessed with my own writing, which has to be the most narcissistic thing about me ever. It's hard to explain my relationship with my personal writing. It's funny, because the plots and characters are okay at best, and the technical writing is complete crap.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
You can probably classify me as obsessed with my own writing, which has to be the most narcissistic thing about me ever. It's hard to explain my relationship with my personal writing. It's funny, because the plots and characters are okay at best, and the technical writing is complete crap.

I'm the same way. While it is difficult to explain, i wouldn't classify it as narcissism, just taking pride in your own work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
I think I just have a very obsessive personality. I either have no interest whatsoever in something or I love it so much that I obsess over it to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. At the moment its pokemon (thank you x and y). And listening to music by a girl named Connie Talbot on Youtube (serious talent there!) First thing I really remember being obsessed over was a TV show called The Tribe. Anyone remember that? It all just snowballed from there lol Before Pokemon it was Stargate. Before Stargate it was Firefly. Before that Vampire Academy. Before that it was some other random book or tv series. God knows what it'll be next lol

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
If I become obsessive about something, it's really bad. I ignore everything important and pour my soul into whatever it is I'm doing.

In the past, it's been a few things. I've obsessed over writing a book (enough to make me oblivious to sound). I've obsessed over Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on GCN. I've obsessed over Pokemon X and Y. I've obsessed over forum boards. I'll be ridiculously active on PC and other places; suddenly, I'll disappear because the obsession itself dissolves. In the meantime, though, I sit in front of my PC and constantly refresh F5. That, and Facebook, too.

I ignore anything and everything that isn't directly involved with said obsession. I've had to try and put Pokemon X and Y away because I felt that I wasn't being fair to my boyfriend, and I recognized it. I need more self-control lol

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
Weird obsessions :3?
Samurott!
Well, if dat doesnt count, cats are the ones I chase around ;). I have a cat myself and its...SOOO adorable ^^!!!! And because of dat, I also love other cats. Couldnt keep in excitement wheneverni see a cat :D
Ah, dogs as well, but the ones with white glossy fur, and tall slim body. They r just so cute <3. Small tiny puppies too n.n

Back