• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOW CAN YOU BE THIS BAD!?

Years

• Worst Games You Have Played

With good, there is bad. There can't always be amazingly good games in this industry and the bad games are sometimes forgotten, but what are the worst games you have played?
    It doesn't just have to be something that was poorly produced, programmed, designed and so on. It can be a game that you had been looking forward to for a long time and it turns out to be nothing that you expected it to be.​

Years
  • If you want a '/thread' post then surely it is the ET game for the Atari 2600? :P

Anyway, it is down to personal experience as well!​

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings or whatever it was called. Absolutely unplayable.

I played that game once and I managed to get SOME enjoyment from it. But what about Sonic 2006/Sonic Next Gen/Sonic the Hedgehog 360/Whatever you've decided to call the horrible Sonic game for the Xbox 360. The control was bad, the plot was terrible(and in one case a bit disturbing), Silver the Hedgehog had an annoying voice (along with a few other characters), there were more glitches than could ever be counted, and there were so many load times that a lot of times more loading was going on than actual gameplay, AND...
    I think that is it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I played that game once and I managed to get SOME enjoyment from it. But what about Sonic 2006/Sonic Next Gen/Sonic the Hedgehog 360/Whatever you've decided to call the horrible Sonic game for the Xbox 360. The control was bad, the plot was terrible(and in one case a bit disturbing), Silver the Hedgehog had an annoying voice (along with a few other characters), there were more glitches than could ever be counted, and there were so many load times that a lot of times more loading was going on than actual gameplay, AND...
    I think that is it.
    After Secret Rings, I took a hiatus from the series until Generations came out.

I could not control Secret Rings with the damn motion controls. Couldn't turn properly at all. At points I was moving backwards. Totally broken control scheme.

TY

The first 2 weeks it was pretty impressive, till all the hated stuff came to this game (campers, a load of OP guns, hackers).
    Campaign is rubbish, completed it in 3 hours.
    Graphics are the same as MW2....
    Worst $60 spent ever in my life...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Mercenaries 2. Talk about a really lazy game compared to the first one, which was really awesome in getting the deck of 52. Needed a LOT more missions and a LOT more "catch this guy for x amount of money". Really disappointed in this that I sent it back after 1 day.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Based on personal experience, a very little known game by name of 'Tak and the Power of Juju' disappointed me greatly. Worst 3D platformer I have ever played.

Murdock 1869

Addicted for sure!
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    Based on personal experience, a very little known game by name of 'Tak and the Power of Juju' disappointed me greatly. Worst 3D platformer I have ever played.

That game was amazing! I spent most of my winter break of 03 playing it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Sonic Heroes. This game made me stop playing any new sonic games after how terrible it was,hated hacing three characters to use. The whole team thing was stupid, Graphics were terrible, levels were annoying the only thing I think I liked was the bosses.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Resident Evil 4 for PC. The port was a crappy one. The lack of proper mouse support makes it almost unplayable for me. :/

And yeah, Hotwheels: Jets. That game sucked. Totally. It looked so amazing from its cover and I was fooled into buying that piece of crap. TOTAL wastage of money. At least it was cheap, though..

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Crackdown 2. The two in the title sums up how many different varieties of missions there are. They even messed up the best dlc in the first game, keys to the city.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It might not be in the running for WORST! GAME! EVER! but the sheer drop-off in quality from the amazingness of Spyro: Year of the Dragon for PlayStation to the awfulness of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for PlayStation 2 and GameCube surely must win some sort of award for worst camera usage in a game, right?

Years
  • I remember playing most Crash Bandicoot games I could never get past most levels cos I didn't know how to get past certain obstacles.

Yeah, I ragequitted the platforming games in the series but the racing-based Crash Bandicoot games were easier for me (particularly Nitro Kart).

Another racing game I found tricky was Speed Freaks - another classic PSone game. I could never win for some reason... the AI was always cheating at me.

Last edited:

GhostRyan

The Haunted Guy
    Years
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming. What a sack of dog **** that was after one of my favourite games ever, Silent Hill 4: The Room. I was dissipated with almost everything about it... what happened to the Silent Hill franchise... (Well Shattered Memories was good)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Skyrim and Final Fantasy 2 are the worst games I've ever played. I have problems playing TES in general, but Skyrim never had decent enough writing to make up for the completely broken mechanics. Final Fantasy 2 suffers the same fate.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Superman 64. That game is the epic failure of the video game industry.

/thread

And so is Action 52.

Shouldn't you be original and pick non-AVGN reviewed games? Just a thought.

Anyway, in my experience, I really dislike most movie-based games. I don't buy them anymore, and the same applies to people buying the for me, but I can only name one good movie-based game that I played. I know I hated A Series of Unfortunate Events for GBA. I didn't get past the first level because all it made you do was go on a scavenger hunt. Boring! Fighting was difficult too. I actually traded that it, and I never trade games in. So that says something on its own.

Other than that and a few games on my DS, I seemed to have had good judgement with games and lucked out. Don't have many crappy games here that I've played. I'm sure I rented some as a kid though and just can't remember them. Oh right. Glover was hard af.

Back