• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How come Jynx didnt get an evo when..

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • And on the flip side, Porygon has not had an appearance in any anime episode since afaik, and that goes for its evolutions as well (correct me if I am wrong). Which does make sense as Porygon's problem was only in the anime episode, not in any of the games, where Jynx had its 'issue' in its appearance itself.

It may well be that the complaints about Jynx (which iirc, and which is probably still covered on wikipedia, came from a sole women who wanted to sue or something? =/) would be why they don't want to touch that Pokemon anymore, just in case someone else takes offence. -_- Funny that apparently Jynx was based off a 'fashion trend' within Japan...

It could also be due to the fact it may simply not have been intended to have the same attention as Electabuzz and Magmar got (with differing base-stats and the ice/psychic typing), or a mixture of those two. Either way, if it ever gets one it wouldn't be until gen 6 at the earliest.

Guest123_x1

It wasn't after the controversy, it was during it. You guys realize that Generation 2 was almost/already out in Japan while Jynx was being criticized here, right? They wouldn't cut a Pokemon at they very last minute for something like that, and Jynx still had a black face in the Japanese versions of GSC.
    When I saw this thread in this section's thread listings, and clicked on this, in the middle of loading, I immediately thought of the racism controversy, so I'm putting my money (if you pardon the expression) on this.
    As for Porygon, its controversy stemmed from a completely different set of events (the 1997 seizures in Japan) than from the Jynx controversy (which, as previously talked about by just about everyone, is from allegations of racism).

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Even after that particular controversy, Jynx still got a pre-evolution. Besides, the Pokemon's skin color is now purple, not black. I'm sure that the reason for Jynx not having an evolution is because the creators just don't have a good enough design for it.

Oh, and that fan-art is scary. Thank goodness that it's not the actual evolution to Jynx.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Short Answer: What the hell would you even have Jynx evolve into?! o_o

Long Answer: People didn't want to mess with that Pokemon after the good old Jynx Controversy.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Short Answer: What the hell would you even have Jynx evolve into?! o_o

Long Answer: People didn't want to mess with that Pokemon after the good old Jynx Controversy.
    Giant prostitute?
    Why would Jynx have an evo? Magmar and Electabuzz were both version exclusives and were awesome. Clefairy got a pre-evolution in gen two, does that mean it should get another evolve? Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee? Jigglypuff? Pikachu?

Ayselipera

Well this could be completely wrong, but it could of had something to do with the competitive aspect of Jynx, Magmar, and Electabuzz. Before the IV generation Magmar and Electabuzz were UU Pokemon while Jynx was BL. Maybe the thought was competitively Jynx didn't need an evolution. I know that now it has fallen into the NU tier, but I don't think all drastic tier changes can be predicted so perhaps the thought was that it would be okay. The added evolutions did help out Electabuzz who's evolution is now in OU, the same can't be said for Magmortar though. Anyways it's just a thought, I'm not saying this is right at all.

Some other thoughts that have crossed my mind and this thread is that maybe Jynx isn't that closely grouped with Magmar and Electabuzz as we thought. As others have mentioned Jynx is a dual type while the other two aren't. Not to mention Jynx is exclusively female while Magmar and Electabuzz are 75% male. Either way Jynx has always been one of my favorites and so I'm fine with it being just the way it is.

Back