• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How come some of ash's pokemon dont evolve...

enyce

banned
    Years
    Like his, Squirtle, Cyndaquil and Totodile. I dont get how, Ash wins a lot with his unevolved pokemon. Against big strong opponets, its so illogical.

Bulbasaur didnt want to evolve. Thats reason, then Pikachu refused to take the thunderstone, another reason. Chikortia at least evolved into Bayleef. But Squirtle, never became Wartortle. Cyndaquil never became Quilava. You get it what im saying.

Hell, even Gary evolves his....

It was just something in my head right about now.

~Archer~

I am the bone of my sword.
    Years
    The Hunk said:
    Well, it was always said that Ash's Pokemon never had the will to evolve because they loved Ash the way they were.
    That and this thing called the plot device. The reason why Bulbasaur and Pikachu had a part where they could evolve but didn't was part of a plot. Same thing why Charmander evolved all the way to Charizard so that he wouldn't listen anymore for a certain time and then become friends with Ash again.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I think that the anime made a point of saying that just evolving a pokemon does not mean it's stronger. I mean, they're trying to show us that even though evolutions are said to be stronger, unevolved pokemon can still win if they train hard and believe in themselves.

Not to mention, I beat the Elite 4 on all of my Pokemon games with a mixture of evolved and unevolved pokemon (Psyduck, Pikachu, Charmander, etc.). It's not like it's impossible. I just had to train them more.

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    Lol not enough time... unlike us, Ash doesn't have to go through tons of training before getting the pokemon he just caught strong (the pokemon rpgs) so maybe that is why it is so much easier for him to give away pokemons... He really should evolve them lol

Years
    It maybe because some of his Pokemon don't want to evolve. Charmelon became a Charizard because it wanted to fight Airadactyl. Ash's Caterpea became a Metapod the same episode it was caught then a Butterfree by the next episode. Its a combination of what the Pokemon wants, what the trainer wants or needs, and the situation. May's Torchic evolved to save her and Max from the Breloom.

And don't forget that a trainer is only allowed 6 Pokemon at a time.

Years
    I think it has to do with keeping interest in some way. If her evolved all of his pokemon all the time everyone would expect it. That's why they choose to evolve onl some. Like Snorunt for instance or Treecko.

enyce

banned
    Years
    DSSBobby said:
    I think it has to do with keeping interest in some way. If her evolved all of his pokemon all the time everyone would expect it. That's why they choose to evolve onl some. Like Snorunt for instance or Treecko.

well they sure decided to evolve a lot of the lame ones

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well... either Ash doesn't raise them to a high enough level, he doesn't want them to evovle, or they just don't want themselves to evolve.
    Kinda like how Bulbasaur stopped himself from evolving once in the older episodes... I think that episode was 'Bulbasuar and the Secret Garden' or something along those lines... Ash was freakin' out cause he thought something was wrong with him, but as it turns out it was just trying to stop its evolution... Kinda like how Pikachu chose not to evolve... (even though that was with a Thunder Stone...)

Also, cute Pokemon seem to hold peoples attention more, so maybe it was better for the anime if they didn't evolve.
    Also, as Bobby said, it would get dull if all of them evolved....^^;;

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    or maybe cuz alot of kids watch the show,so they decide to keep the kiddy poke'mon?.............just a thought...........-_-;;;
    meh...^beat me to the answer....

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    lol, I didn't word it quite that way... but I do think thats one of the reasons... I mean, little kids, mainly girls, would probably lose interest if he had all the tough, un-adorable looking Pokemon. ^^;

Back