• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How come you have to wait a minute before reporting another post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Must admit, I understand the 15 posts for links and 45 seconds for each VM, but this one is a mystery to me.

If I had a guess, I'd say it was for some moron who randomly reports legit posts. Which I guess is a form of spam.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree..that timeout is slightly annoying, especially if I'm serial reporting a spambot for spamming. x3

However it's not too terribly bad, it gives you an entire minute to glance over the post and be sure about your report. xD

Years
    • Seen today
    Again, it's to prevent spam. Staff don't want 1,000 open reports from someone who's just come along to cause mayhem -or something along those lines-
    You just get the occasional member who abuses systems such as this. Also due to the DB errors PC used to get more often, you don't want someone sending the same report over and over by mistake. It's precaution I would assume.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I agree..that timeout is slightly annoying, especially if I'm serial reporting a spambot for spamming. x3

However it's not too terribly bad, it gives you an entire minute to glance over the post and be sure about your report. xD

And that is exactly why we prevent people from reporting within a minute's timespan. We don't need people like Pachy reporting 50 posts by the same spambot.

Once is enough and we can handle the rest of the posts.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • And that is exactly why we prevent people from reporting within a minute's timespan. We don't need people like Pachy reporting 50 posts by the same spambot.

Once is enough and we can handle the rest of the posts.

It's something I usually do if the active staff members are somewhat inactive, and to provide linkage to the threads/posts where it's spamming. (personally I like to see the spambot threads deleted, but there's nothing I can do if they aren't. XD)

Normally I only report up to 5 of these things anyway.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • It's something I usually do if the active staff members are somewhat inactive, and to provide linkage to the threads/posts where it's spamming. (personally I like to see the spambot threads deleted, but there's nothing I can do if they aren't. XD)
    It's kind of unnecessary, as I'm pretty sure every member of the staff knows how to look up other posts by a spambot. :x

...and we typically do.

Also not sure what you mean by inactive, but flooding our report system isn't really gonna do much good. We may be PC Staff, but I'm pretty sure we all have other things that preoccupy our time, even when online. It may take us a little while to notice, so please just be patient with us.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Its so mods don't get flooded with reports. I did that on another site that didn't have time limits, reported every post. I can't go there no mores.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I've run into the limit while reporting multiple threads that were unrelated to each other. It's a side-effect of tabbed browsing, sadly. I just wait it out and complain on VMs while waiting for the timer to go down.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Where is the Report button anyway? I havnt actually seen it anywhere on a page before!

It's...in the top right corner of every, single post on the forum.

It looks like this:

How come you have to wait a minute before reporting another post?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The limit is there because it is there. If we could change it, I guess we probably would but I've never seen the option for it so the only answer I can give is "just because". Though Audy's is pretty good too.
    It's something I usually do if the active staff members are somewhat inactive, and to provide linkage to the threads/posts where it's spamming. (personally I like to see the spambot threads deleted, but there's nothing I can do if they aren't. XD)

Normally I only report up to 5 of these things anyway.
    Higher staff try to look after those posts anyway and we can delete a person's posts/threads en masse (and ban them at the same time) so that we don't *have* to look at each individual post. Meaning when you report a ton of them, by the time we go to check reports, everything is deleted/dealt with and it just means we have to go out of our way to close extra reports.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I will admit to sometimes huffing in annoyance when I've looked away for fifteen minutes and then I see three wrong threads pop up.

Yes, I'm a dedicated reporter XD.

But there's nothing I can do. You just have to wait it out. It's only sixty little seconds - you'd be surprised how fast it can go (unless you're actually sat counting - yes, me again).

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Well, I'm an mod of another forum, and I can tell you that on that forum when you report a post a thread gets made in a special mod+ forum. So it might just be the required wait to make another thread that is preventing you from doing it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No they're all wrong actually. We limit it to 1 per minute because we, the staff, are lazy and don't want too many reports. :] Obviously.

*bang*

You're dead now, I win.

Anyway, on-topic (heh) it's to avoid spambots. I could open 100 tabs (that is, if my 256MB RAM can take it and my PC will not reset -.-o) and report them all within 1 minute. If it wasn't for those blocks, I could have been banned.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    It's to stop people reporting the same post over and over.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Why is this still open and why is it still getting replies? There isn't... any room for discussion? We're getting into repetition now. @_@

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back