• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How come???

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    How come there are lots of things they say you cant do on pokemon whch if you think you can like

1. Most people CAN climb up ledges
    2. Most people RUN away from tough (Bullies) Trainers :L
    3. Most people can control simple creatures like birds and mice
    4. Most people SWIM instead of hurting people
    5. People dont GIVE AWAY ANIMALS!!!!
    Sigh
    Off my chest :)

Tolomer

(っ・ ω・)っ≡≡≡≡≡? ??≡≡≡З Σ(゜Д゜;|||)
    Years
    FFFFCause pokemon doesn't like to follow physics >P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Agreed with above poster. You're kinda just poking on the Nintendo logic stuff, lol. More things include how electricity can go through the ground, though it's not a wonderful conductor or anything.

I'll leave this open. There's other things that can be discussed, so...yeah.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I think because its a game that some things are supposed to be limited, but i hate the phrase Nintendo logic because its not only nintendo games that have that kind of stuff happen
    i thinks its funny that i can
    fly on a pidgey
    how is thunder not good against grass, last time i saw lightning vs tree lightning won
    hes not dissing on the pokemon games EVERYONE CHILL THE DISTORTION WORLD OUT, im tired of these muthaf-in selvipers on this muthaf-in plane

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    hard trainers? where?? aww, I missed him lol!

personally I just acept the fact that out character is phobic to deep water, and that's why he holds on for dear life when diving (that's also why it didn't come back in pearl) see logic doesn't have to be nintendo based...

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Like y do u need a certain badege to surf??

I think that's more of a licensing thing...like, Officer Jenny would see you riding your Pokémon in the water and ask to see your Badge Case. =/

What bothers me is how my Charizard can fly me across the region, but not up a hill or over lakes. But yea, bothers me from a logical standpoint, but looking at it as a gamer, I can understand the need for balance and restrictions~

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    What bothers me is how my Charizard can fly me across the region, but not up a hill or over lakes. But yea, bothers me from a logical standpoint, but looking at it as a gamer, I can understand the need for balance and restrictions~
    From a logical point, I'd say that the Flying-type Pokemon would need to land on some official spot, such as a Pokemon Center or town/city.

1. People dont don't give away animals!
    Um, what? If a mother dog gave birth to puppies, and you aren't able to raise all of them, wouldn't it be wise to give the puppies away?

Cause pokemon doesn't like to follow physics
    I'm sure that there is a Phychic somewhere who has a Phychic-type Pokemon following him or her.

Like y do u need a certain badege to surf??
    There's a possibility that one uses the badge as a license. Like Alexeon has previously said, one might have to show the chosen badge to an official before using the regulated HM.

How come I have to smash the rocks? Couldn't I just climb over them? They come up to... like... my knees.
    Well, the rock's sprite is about the same size as a Trainer's sprite. We are also talking about a ten-year old who probably isn't much of a gymnast. The possibility of him of her jumping over is far-fetched. He or she could climb over it, but wouldn't it be easier to have a Pokemon smash it instead?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    From a logical point, I'd say that the Flying-type Pokemon would need to land on some official spot, such as a Pokemon Center or town/city.

Hm...Like a helipad or airport? I guess that validates it. o.o
    Such a strict law system the Pokémon games have. xD

Years
    @BHwolfgang

You're totally overthinking this. :) We all realize that there need to be rules and limitations. After all, this is a game. Just let loose and have fun.

For example:
    Why does my Staravia need to see a pokemon center before it's okay to land?! The thing is smart enough to not only use magical attacks, but to interpret my commands and use them when I say so. Couldn't I just say, "Hey, Staravia, plop me down next to that big tree. There's a good bird."

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I'm sure that there is a Phychic somewhere who has a Phychic-type Pokemon following him or her.

He said Physics, not Psychics.

Physics are the laws of motion, action and reaction.
    It relates to forces such as gravity and strength.

Psychics are people that can predict something.

Big difference.

And physics says that 10 year old kids don't have the appropriate upper body strength to lift themselves up over high ledges.
    But a Pokemon might be capable of this so maybe they should devise a field move for this situation.

But that'd be no fun. It'd be like cheating the game and climbing over restrictions.

How come there are lots of things they say you cant do on pokemon whch if you think you can like

Sigh

1. The ledges are supposed to be high enough so that a TEN year old kid can't climb them.

2. It's against Pokemon League rules to refuse a battle.

3. It takes great effort to control simple creatures.
    What's your point here? You can control Pokemon.
    They're obedient to those that catch them.
    And as Oak said, they can be used as pets, as well as battling pokemon.
    And the ability to control more powerful Pokemon is down to skill and friendship and only if you catch them.

4. Swim instead of hurting people? What are you on about?
    I mean, yeah, you could swim in Pokemon but travelling on a Pokemon's back is much faster. It's practicality.

5. People do give away animals.
    Shelters give them away to give them good homes.
    People give them away if their own pet has babies.

So basically, if you're questioning most of the formula of a Pokemon game, then why do you yourself play them?

These points are VERY little oversights and many of them have been proven wrong.

People do indeed give away animals.
    10 year olds can't aways climb high ledges because they lack the upper body strength to do so.
    Besides, with an acro bike, you can get up ledges in a sort of way.
    Not all people can control simple creatures like mice and birds. It takes a lot of effort to train them.

Last edited:

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    OMG so much explaining over such little things...
    this is a ten year olds dream. there, done :)
    ...and to break physics, i love putting on the wall walking cheat and surf on a pokemon on land... i am riding waves of rock lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    There have to be some controls in place in the games to restrict your movements. Though I wish they implemented it in a way that didn't waste a Pokemon's moveslot, the HM system is designed so that the player must proceed through the game in a fairly linear fashion and so the levels of the opponents grow accordingly; i.e., so you don't go from facing Lv6 Pokemon to Lv43 Pokemon from one area to the next. Hence why you need Surf to go from Pallet to Cinnabar in the RBY series.

Similarly, you're forced into trainer battles so that they can provide some of the experience you'll need to face tougher opponents, like Gym Leaders, later on.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Look, it is a game. It would defeat the purpose of the game, it would be no fun.
    Yes you can climb up ledges, yes you can swim. But why would you if you have a better and more fun alternative?
    Pokemon doesn't follow everyhting escpecially physics. So calm down. It is after all a game.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015

Sigh

1. Not if the ledge is too steep/high
    2. Running away is dishonorable.
    3. Pokemon are far more intelligent than animals.
    4. I fail to understand how swimming relates to hurting people.
    5. Yes, yes they do.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    1.) RPG logic.
    2.) Most humans DIE when hit with a laser. I suppose the reason you can't run away/kill pokémon trainers is because that would take the challenge out of the game/Pok
    émon League rules.
    3.) Alakazam could probably capture a human and use it for fighting purposes if it ever wanted to...
    4.) Those swimming trainers, well, lets just say that spending 8+ hours in the water at a single time can do things to ya...
    5.) People do however, give away Computer Programs (Porygon) as part of an event, and Bill & friends apparently are overstocked with Eevees, and can't take care of them all.

Back