• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How could d/p have been better?

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    It need not only depth in the story but a good ploy. Can't wait to see what they do in opal to make it ___________ that much better

pokemon opal is a faked name for the game isnt it?and what do you mean by but a good ploy?

Years
    They could have designed Magmortar better :P
    Surf speed...is...horrible.
    The storyline, as everyone else said, should really be longer.
    And about the trio. It's the first time they make them have the same type.
    It's not that bad, just...

kingcold

Brooklyn Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    • Bk
    • Seen Aug 2, 2008
    i have 800 hours on that game it should continue on i would have let the game spill onto the other regions

Years
    Some of the pokemon could be better mainly Magmortar and Carnivine with their six year old designs.

Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie are all copies of each other and just one of them would be of a copy of Mew/Celebi. Too many copies...

Also the GTS' options are ridiculous, you cant offer anything but what the person wants and, you can only search for pokemon you have in your pokedex besides the fact that everyone only wants Dialga and Palkia.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    Stoyline could've been longer.
    Storyline could've spanded onto other regions.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Galactic Boss Cyrus could've popped up in some hidden location, like Red in G/S/C.
    MUCH HARDER. I mean an elite four with Lv 70s the first time, less money from trainers (DP is pretty generous) and SMARTER AI. I've had way too many "[pokemon] used [electric attack]" and the following "It doesn't affect Grovyle/Torterra"

make the game more like the anime

NO!!

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    if they let you trade to LF/FR, or made it possible to just TRADE pokemon, not have to migrate them

They can't. Too much was fixed between generations - PP, IVs (at least I assume IVs, since we have to use a different IV calculator) etc.

Kagome

Just here...
    Years
    • Age 28
    • TX
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    well i say that it should be like the anime and have at least award after the national pokedex like in emarld

gilgaland

Who Ate all the cheese
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    made the underground wi-fi but only FC only up to 15 (FUN)
    make like a online real battle tower where u actually battle the person

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think it should have been like G/S/C where you get to go to the other regions and jave consatnt moving pictures like when you use an attack, your pokemon moves as well like on BR.I also think that it should be like the anime because that would be a twist. I agree about changing the story to being a breeder or something also adding a twist to the story. I started again as a girl and pokemon contests have become much easyer. They could have made a house that you could have pokemon card battles in and have pokemon cards in the shops as that would make a good addition. You could make a deck out of your own cards or buy a deck for not much less that 100poke. That is what I think should change. I think names should be better like magmorter for instance, could be Magathrower for example (just a sugestion).

Years
    Galactic Boss Cyrus could've popped up in some hidden location, like Red in G/S/C.
    MUCH HARDER. I mean an elite four with Lv 70s the first time, less money from trainers (DP is pretty generous) and SMARTER AI. I've had way too many "[pokemon] used [electric attack]" and the following "It doesn't affect Grovyle/Torterra"

NO!!

Level 70 Weak5, that would defeat the purpose of the "Weak". I heard the champion's main pokemon is Lv 58 or something. Smarter AI, yes, my Torterra sweeped through the 8th Gym Leader at Lv 48, became 50 during the Leader battle. It's good exp though, although I defeated some of the pokemon with a Luxray. Also, make the evolution levels a bit lower for pokemon such as Sneasel. I want a Weavile but it takes forever. Egg hatching could be faster, it took me a whole hour to hatch the Happiny egg, still trying to hatch the Riolu egg. Egg levels are too low Lv1 is going a bit too far. You shouldn't be forced to catch the Legendary Pokemon Palkia or Dialga. I want one but they ask you to battle it and I only had a Luxray with 21 HP left so I wasted my Master Ball. I'm making the most of it by running the Uber in my Team. It isn't that strong though, but it is fast. Need it at level 60 by the time I enter Victory Road. Also, I was disappointed when I traded my Medicham to the lady with the Haunter. She gave it an everstone to stop evolution. Do they think I'm dumb. Now I have to wait until I can use WiFi to get a Kadabra, Haunter and Graveler w/o everstone. I'm confused with one thing as well. How do I transfer stuff I dig up and I'm talking about Fossils, Thunderstones, etc. How do I transfer them from treasures bag to my bag on the surface?

That was a long post. I wonder if Pokemon would do anything if they ever saw this?

Back