• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you catch Giratina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
    I threw the Master Ball at it, 'cause Cyrus almost kicked my poke's butts, I'm not fighting a lv. 47 Giratina with a lv. 48 Houndoom and lv. 23 Bibarel (what I had left revived after the Cyrus fight) with the catch rate of 3, 3 Poke Balls 2 Great 12 Ultra and 1 Master to catch it with :/ so I chucked the Master Ball at it to catch it, its not like I'm going to use it or anything.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Lowered the HP down to red, put it to sleep, UltraBall'd that sucker and caught it. I think the the main legendary has a high capture rate anyways so I'd rather waste my MasterBall on some annoying running Poké like Mespirit or Cresselia.

drivr3joe

Master Of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2020
    i used my masterball then i bought and action replay to get me like 999 masterballs

JohtoFanboy

Johto's Champion
    Years
    I caught it with a normal Pokeball...took me like, maybe more than 100 balls. I don't like waisting my master ball, unless I can get it replaced.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Diamond - Beat him down with Staraptor, most of Gira's from D are completely uneffective, then threw Ultra Balls until I caught him, I actually crapped bricks when I did, funny story, I was looking at the TV when I heard the "You Just Captured A Pokemon" song.

Platinum - I beat him down with the Staraptor I had in this game, wasted 20 or 30 Ultra Balls, then decided to f*ck it and tossed my Master Ball.

/thread

Years
    Took me 2 Ultra Balls.

Maybe I was lucky, or maybe Giratina got tired of me taking like 2 HP from him every turn. XD

Either way, it worked.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
    I threw pretty much every ball in the game at Giratina at least five times. It took me 15 resets and much annoyance before I just thought "ah, whatever" and threw my only Master Ball at it, the same ball I was saving for Darkrai (which took me at least 30 resets). Rats.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I spammed it with Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, Poke balls, and at last I nabbed it down with a Poke ball.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    with a masterball.

yep. that's my secret.

Years
    I was fighting it like a million times and couldnt keep it alive. So I just decided to throw a quick ball at the start and softreset if it fails. Eventually I succeeded. Caught all the legendaries ingame including a Darkrai from Member card event. Still got that masterball.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    Master ball'd it of course in Platinum.
    However, In Diamond I remember using all types of balls. I eventually caught it in a Heal ball >_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back