• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover the Pokemon games?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    After watching the anime, my brother got this pokemon red, after that he let me played it to me, but not much and when I played the yellow...

Anarth

Cyrus Fangirl
    Years
    I think my dad started me on pokemon (Like all the other games I play) And he got me a gameboy colour (A bright green one) and pokemon yellow. I never turned back. I now have all the games on the N64, the special pikachu N64, yellow, blue, gold, crystal, platinum, firered, leafgreen, Pokemon ranger, and all of the pokemon dungeons, pokemon trading card game on the GBC... yeah... as well as nearly all of the first gen cards. *cough*

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Cute sig Anarth! :P
    Anyway, I've watched the show for ages, but I didn't get any game until Crystal came out. I wanted Gold/Silver before that, but when I heard (in a magazine. Heh, remember the days we got Pokémon gossip from magazines... ) that Crystal (and you could play as a girl) was coming out, I saved up 42.50 pounds and got my father to pay the difference.
    >D I couldn't tell the gender signs apart so I cleverly remember Nidoran f were blue and Nidoran m were pink and worked it out that way. ;)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I got into it when my cousin gave me a poster of Pokemon the first movie.
    Although I played on my cousin's Pokémon silver, my first Official game was Pokémon Sapphire back in 2003/2004.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    My first one was silver. I don't remember exactly when i began to play it but i would say sometime in the late 90s

PokePrincess

ポケ姫
    Years
    When I was 7, I visited my uncle, aunt, and cousin who all played Pokemon. They let me play and I got totally hooked! Whenever my mom called me on the phone, I would tell her how fun and cool and awesome it was. When she came to pick me up at the airport she had a game boy color and pokemon red for me! :]

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    We were on a week-long school trip back in year five, and I was homesick... So one of the teachers let me stay in the 'lounge' that the chaperones had been given rather than go to the disco or whatever, and I played Pokemon Red on her GBC. I had no clue what I was doing, and saved over her game file by mistake. :D She came into my dorm later that night very unhappy, but I pretended to be asleep... XD That was about... Nine or ten years ago. o_o;

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    I got a Gameboy and Red for my like, 9th or so birthday. Been addicted since then.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Well, It was a gift for me in my 8th birthday: a GBA and A Pokemon Yellow! :)

I grew fond ever since! :)

P.S. = Love Pokemon!

Lmao. If you got it for your 9th birthday, I got mine for like my 7th or so. A lot earlier than I previous thought.

XD

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    When I first watched pokemon.. round 1999, it was ep 3 or something, something to do with a goldeen. But yeah, I heard about the gameboy game and I was puuuumpppped! i imagined it as something else, but still, it was awesome game. I got pokemon blue as a rom, dunno what emulator though, and since then, been hooked :P

Aethelstan

I find myself hilarious
    Years
    I saw my cousin playing it and pestered him to let me try. I was mesmerized. Why, I still don't know. To make an annoyingly long story short, I did some work for my aunt to earn enough money to buy a used version of Pokemon Yellow, and since my cousin had recently gotten a Gameboy Advanced, he gave me his old Color. I've owned one game from every generation since.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    When I was about 4 I started to watch the anime, and then my sister heard the game was good, so she bought Blue. She was about 12 or something. When she was done with it, she let me have it (mainly because I restarted her file without asking! xD) and I've been hooked since.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I was in London on a school trip, and found a game shop that was closing in two days, and gave away everything for a fraction of the price, so i bought a GBA SP Silver for 6 pounds(!!), after that the owner of the shop said i could get a free game if i just bought it, so i looked through thier box with GBA Games, and the only game that i had even heard the title of was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, i beat it in 2 days(then i spent 4 months trying to get the -10% Legendaries, Mew is a P-A-I-N to get!), and i thought it was so fun.

Some days later, i borrowed my friend's Ruby, beat it in half a year(...), and then he moved to another school, so i could never leave it back :/

Last christmas i got a Sky Blue NDS Lite, and the first thing i bought after that was Pokémon Pearl, a while later i bought a R4DS(Revolution for DS, like TTTDS or EZFlash), and now i've got Platinum on it!

Back