• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How did you feel after playing them again?

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    There's something special about Gen I simply because they are archaic. Compared to today they're minimalistic and primitive, but that's their appeal. There's an inescapable feeling you get from them as if it's 1998 again- Y2k is coming, Will Ferrel is on SNL, and Pokemon is new, exciting, and booming.

That sort of feeling is fun to relive.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • I am currently playing Red Version and I'm doing the Nugget Trainer glitch to get loads of cash ;) After that, I plan to get Mew.
    How did you feel after playing them again?

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    It brought back memories of playing them for the first time.

I'm pretty attached to old games, but new games are what I really play everyday. I can't say I don't like them and don't play them, though.

I have Pokémon Yellow for my cellphone... So I mostly play it all the time when I'm away from my house.

But I must admit, I like Pokémon Crystal better than Yellow. I don't know why :/

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    i just got my silver version in the mail yesterday and forgot how freakin good this game is! there is more to do in GSC than any other gen i played(ive played up to 4th gen) and for nostalgia's sake i cant stop playing. definetely in the top 3 of greatest and most addictive games on a portable system

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Red is just awesome. At least I know what the pokemon names are :P. I can't even name all 600(something) pokemon, I can name the previous 493.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    Well when i was there i just love to play pacman on of my favorite game an i feel very happy when i was playing that.

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
  • I love going back and playing the old games. I use the emulators due to internal batteries in GSC so I don't have to worry about the slow pace of it. I generally play the old games once every month using different starters and teams...I still love them :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    I remember when Crystal came out and I was all "ZOMG ANIMATIONS!"

Looking back, I feel stupid now. Within 3 months I was sick of battles being slowed down to watch every single "animation" which extended to the odd wing flap interspersed with liberal amounts of blinking.

That said, the rush of nostalgia is always great. Also nice to know how to play through a game without damn GameFaq's! :)

Back