• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you feel when you won your first ever gym badge?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I posted this GB/GBC coz i thought it might be the first games which you played.

Sam.Is.Dead.

All's Well That Ends Well
    Years
  • I was really happy considering i hadnt beaten brock before cause of the stupid pikachu on yellow :/ but once i got blue with bulbasaur i destroyed him

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i was happy- i didn't really know what i was doing at the time, but my brother told me that i was good to have beaten Falkner with Bayleef

Years
  • Well, im happy, but the only time I feel extremely happy to remeber the time is when i beat the Elite Four. i was crying so much of happiness. x3
    so young, so fragile ;D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Not too satisfied. My starter was Squirtle and he bubble'd through both of Brock's pokemon easily.

My younger brother on the other hand...I had fun watching his charmander's pathetic attempt to scratch Onix. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I felt so relieved when I defeated Falkner's mud-slinging Pidgeotto.
    Other than that, It felt like a regular win, nothing special...

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I was 5 I had no idea what was going on, though i was pretty ecstatic when I beat the Elite 4 though

evenc13

Pokemon Game Editor
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    It felt great, pokemon red in my game boy color, the reason i felt great was because it took like a 100 attempts to do it. =]

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I was so new I didn't know a gym leader was special, to me it felt like every other battle, but the when I beat the E4 I got really happy and proud of myself.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    In my Red version, I chose Charmander as my starter. When I made my way to Pewter, I read the sign in front of the Gym and nearly cried. A Rock Gym?! I may have been younger, but I knew that fire didn't beat rock. I've seen the Discovery Channel. So I went back to train my Pokemon down by Viridian and trained until my Charmander suddenly changed, and some more after that. I was so happy, but my Charmeleon (I guess my Charmander wanted a new name) was getting a bit cocky and wouldn't listen too well. I went to Brock and took him down with a lazy Charmeleon. I started to jump up and down and cheer. People stared up from their activities in the park, but I didn't care. I had done something they could only dream of.

After that, I went out to find more. I took down Misty with a slightly less than cooprative Pikachu next. And the legend that was Chaz, would only continue from then on.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • i battled brock with my bulbasaur. After 5 tries of not beating him, my brother told me to stop using leech seed and to use vine whip! Lol i was about 5 at the time!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Using my grovyle to take down nosepass was pretty cool, but to be honest I don't remember it that well xD

I ended up restarting that file in frustration when I couldn't beat Watson with my lv.44 sceptile. I was so naive back then (but much better at level grinding lol)

Back