• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you feel when you won your first ever gym badge?

Years
    In R/S/E Nosepass was annoying,even with a Marshtomp.. ):
    Stupid Rocktomb killed everything of mine but I felt excited that I could go on with the game. Lol.

Shaymin

Trainee Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2011
    I was very little then but i felt very happy to have beaten Brock on Blue with my Squirtle, even though, with Water Gun, it was a bit easy. ^_^

Years
    pokemon yellow :|

lol.
    funniest thing happened.

you see.
    i was only like 8 at the time or something.
    and i had pokemon yellow a week.
    and i couldnt beat brock.
    so i was fair raging.
    and then my friend at the time did it first go for me.
    so i was like...

"take that"

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I felt like "Huh, that was it?" I thought gym leaders were supposed to be really hard, so I grinded my Totodile to lvl. 16. He sent out a lvl. 9 Pidgeotto. -_-

Torii

GX Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    My first thought is based of my my first game, which was Pokemon Gold I chose Cyndaquil, I had No idea what i was suppose to do~ then a friend said go beat Folkner So i did~ (My Cyn was Now a lvl 21 Quilavia by then since i was so lost, and i had a lvl 18 Pidgiotto.) When i finally did i was was happy, knowing that i had to get all 8 badges~ and, what im suppose to be doing in the game.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    "That was easy On to the next town...."

For the majority, except in Yellow when I had to raise a Butterfree and I didnt realise you could evolve Metapod from Caterpie so it at least knew tackle ;_;
    after that I was just like "Finally..."

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    wasnt bothered really... i had to borrow a poliwag of my cousin to beat tht damn onix :P charmander just cldnt do it

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    i was all like:
    OH YEAH EPIC WIN. I SO TOTALLY OWNED YOU BROCK!!!
    OH YEAH!

well it wasn't really stated like that, but you get the idea i was overjoyed! (cause when i got pokemon blue i was only like 8)
    i felt like the bomb!

Years
    It took me aaages, so, naturally, I was ecstatic. Kind of a fall off my bed with glee moment (happens a lot). But I still, to this day cannot figure out how I defeated Brock with only a Pikachu. =s

Sounds like what happened to me XDXD

I had a Mankey, - which was not used in battle - and a Pikachu. Being a stupid little 3 year old, i sent out pikachu. 100 times I'd tried and failed, but i thought i was a Pokemon Master. Countless Quick attacks were used, and finally, i made it to Onix. Tail Whip was my instinct, but after finding out it done no damage - i was an all out offensive - i started again on Quick attacks. finally, Onix went down, and Pikachu had won!..

Then, i couldn't beat Misty :P

Howver, when i swiped the E4 solely - Pikachu was ditched after Misty - with my level 90 Nidoking, then came the true joy.

And a new Pokemon fan was born :D

Back