• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find out about rom hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I was hacking my psp and then on you tube I saw a video on a pokemon hack and advance map so I followed the link. It took me to wack a hack were I downloaded a bunch of rom hacking programs and filled with them and started to figure out how to rom hack .one year later searching for more rom hackings tools or things to help me rom hack ,I found pokemon comunity and Then 600 post latter here I am :D

so how did you find out about rom hacking?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I was YouTubing pokemon battles and ran across something called ShinyGold. I followed a few links and--voila!
    A week later I was scripting basic events.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Well, to make a long story short, I found out about Emulation roughly two and a half years ago and I discovered ROM Hacking a little more than a year after that (May of 2008, to be precise). I think it was finals week and I was procrastinating studying so I started Googling "how to make your own pokémon game" and, after a hell of a lot of searching, found this place.
    And I've been here ever since^^

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Long story short, I saw tamashiihiroka's(hopefully I spelled that right) videos and my curiosity got the best of me. Short, right?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Through WAH.
    I was kinda bored with III gen games so I was searching for something new.
    And then I found WAH and Ruby Destiny, Shiny Gold and others.
    Becuase WAH didn't have full games I tried to check other websites so I found PC.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Well, it was quite a while ago, say...two years ago? I was searching youtube when I found tons of videos of weird fat guys in emerald. I think that was it anyway, lol.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    My cousin was telling me about ShinyGold, and I was interested, so me and him sat down and played it.

We then looked up how to hack the roms. I found WAH this way. Then one day while I was googling for english guides I found pokecommunity. :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Long story short, I saw tamashiihiroka's(hopefully I spelled that right) videos and my curiosity got the best of me. Short, right?
    Haha, same here dude. First thing I did was make my own hack series... then after awhile I found my way here.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I played quartz, then I wanted to make something like that, so then I searched Pokemon Hacking Tools, and found Pokecommunity, and then blah, blah, blah.

Years
    Found Emuation in about '05. I think I found Quartz, Chaos Black and Naranja soon after, maybe in '06. Then some R/B hacks. Got bored one day, found Shiny Gold and had to join here to download it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back