• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find Pokemon Community

PokeTrainerCarol

I was a member in PE2K. Now I'm loyal to PC and won't go back to PE2K...it doesn't feel like I can fit in there.

I found PE2K while looking in the internet how to get to Pewter City in Crystal/Gold >_<

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • hmmm, nice stories you all :)

I guess I was asked here by Kwesi and offered to give up my forums at PPN to become a member site..
    lets see, that was way back when... well, when PC first started on the pokecommunity.com domain.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    I found my way here when Kento said it was cool on his site... hey, it is cooL!

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • It was back in grade 7, Pokemon G/S just came out and I was playing Silver. I asked my friend Andrew if he could help me find my way around the game, he gave a me a few links and one of them was Pokemon Palace. I downloaded all the good roms and emulators from there all the time, then one day I noticed there was a link to a forum. I clicked on it and there was this new forum, it looked dead but I joined anyways and said hih to Steeve.There stayed there for about 2 months.

3 years later...

Was surfing the web on Jan 1st 2003 and remembered about Pokemon Palace, I typed it up on the browser and quickly noticed something that said Pokemon Community at the top of the screen. You all know the rest.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Well, a good friend that used to go by teh username of Scizor1121 recommended me this site. I came, and liked teh topics so I stayed. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2022
    i found about it when pek2 forums had problems and it redirected to pc. and i signed in right away beacause i thought that was the new pek2 forums and then when the pek2 forums were fixed i didn't sign in and spent about 2 days trying to find pc again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2008
    I found Pokecommunity December last year (2002). Kwesi was hosting Serebii.net at the time, and when R/S came out in Japan, the server got a overload and crashed. When the server came back up, Serebii.net redirected me to Pokecommunity.com. That how I found Pokecommunity

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • For me, it started when I had downloaded the 5th movie in Japanese (subbed, of course ^_^, and I was lucky enough to find it with EMule) A while later, I was in the mood for more Pok?mon vids on my computer, and since I had noticed they mentioned something about #free_pokemon in an overlay in the credits. I did a google search of it, and I found the official site... After worming my way around there, I hopped onto mIRC and into #free_pokemon, under a different name than I usually used - that name being Q Man (but it had to be Q_Man/QMan for the purposes of IRC) and after some confusion about downloading, I decided to look on thier forums for some help (they had a "forum" link, so I followed it) and BLAM! I was here, and found myself being one of 80-some people on PC at the time. Shortly after, I registered and expectantly waited over an hour and a half for the confirmation email. In the meantime, I just kept reading more and more and more posts, and I even tried to respond a few times, which didn't go over well, since I was still waiting for the darned confirmation email :p

Fallen Angel

I HAVE RETURNED! *cough*
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    lol 'friad I was going to move it?

Umm... well, I can't remember what I searched for on Google, but I stumbled upon it in December or so. I looked at a lot of posts, mainly ones by Sugarangel and thought "I wish I could be a part of the like that...she's so popular. I'd never stand out like that.".

When Pok?mon Ruby and Sapphire had been out for a while, I remembered the site andhow much I loved it's design and members, so I joined.

Me popular? Wow, Well that's a new one for me, thanks for reading my posts, I hope they weren't of me ranting and raving XD. Anyway, I was still at TPM when I joined. Cas I think was unbanned there and I clicked a link of hers to a pic that was posted here. I deleted the extra stuff to the site link, searched for a few days and ended up joining ^^. But I will not go into the sad details on how I ended up to this name.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well every one is doing it so here we go. One day I was doing a search on Pokemon. So here come this long list of pokemon sites so I started clicking them time went on and then I saw a it was The-Apcc, and I was like what is apcc so I clicked the link and it took me to the home page of The-Apcc, I looked a around and liked the site. Like a week or two later I went back to my search and came to a site called Pok?Safari so I clicked the link there, I liked that site too, went back to my search came to a site called The Unknown Dungeon, I went there too , back to my search the next two or three weeks, and two sites that I clicked was Free_Pokemon and The Pokemon Place Network. All of them sites I went to but The-Apcc was the one I went to the most. So I saw a link to a site called Pokemon Community,I came here and I didnt get the place (that was back in November of 2002), I looked around didnt like it (it was to big) later on in February I went back and though mabe I should join, so I did and you know the rest. (oh I didnt only to to community sites on that search most of them was small sites or sites selling cards and stuff like that but I did see two big sites SN and PE2K)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Kairi said:
    Umm... well, I can't remember what I searched for on Google, but I stumbled upon it in December or so. I looked at a lot of posts, mainly ones by Sugarangel and thought "I wish I could be a part of the like that...she's so popular. I'd never stand out like that.".

Lol. Well, I have sort of the same reason of you, but for me, I didn't see posts by Sugerangel, all I saw were posts by Haruka-chan, and I was like,
    "I wish I could be a part of the like that...she's so popular. I'd never stand out like that."
    XD
    Really! x_x;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think I first found PE2K via a Yahoo search when I was looking up information about GSC gym leaders...(yeah, I'm the kind of person that has to look up all the gym leaders and their pok?mon before battling them in the games), after awhile, I started depending on it for other things too...Then one December day, I saw the little link at the top of the page that said "Forums". At the time, I had been banned from a TCG trading forum for other members complaining about me not keeping my end of trades and other stuff like that...And I realy wanted to post in forums again, so I clicked the link that brought me here (remember, this was the time when PE2K was still an affiliate and PE2K's forums were down). I instantly registered thinking it was the official PE2K forums (although, it wasn't until about 2-3 months later that I realized that this was a totally different forum) And as the PE2K people started leaving, not many people were left, in fact, most of the modern mods have been here since that time and have proven themselves loyal to PC before becoming a mod...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Aww, Miyu-chan I'm flattered. You've become really popular, especially with the new database, I've sure noticed you a lot. ^_^

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • LOL!

I sort of started out like Fire master, I just posted wherever I could:). It's a good idea to participate in as many things as possible while online.

Years
  • When Serebii had its Major Crash, I only have 2 choices to go... Bulbagarden or PC.

To tell the truth, I flipped a coin. Heads on Bulbagarden, Tails on PC. It landed on Tails... Then off to PC XD XD

Back