• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you get into Pokemon?

what was your first Pokemon experience?

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    As we all know, Pokemon is a franchise that's transcended nearly every form of media known to man. This thread is to share which of these media introduced you to the franchise. The video games? The anime? The manga? The TCG? something else entirely?

I first got into Pokemon through the Video Games of course...My dad got Pokemon Red for my brother's birthday the year it came out in America. I got Blue two months later for Christmas. XD

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    I don't remember the full way I got into pokemon, but I know I liked it as a kid kinda grew out of pokemon for a bit (because I was "Cool") But anyway it was over the summer and happen to wake up at 9am when pokemon came on tv it was a new episode and it had new chars like of piplup and all the others so i watched and and my brother was in my room also, and said how I missed and and we talked and somehow we found the forums and started playing the games and the cards again. So since the last summer I been playing pokemon. Also on an end note my Bros PC name is Syerx

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    My brother would always play it on his gameboy colour and I always wanted to play so he gave me Pokemon Yellow, My 1st pokemon game :D Once I started to play it for a while I couldent figure out how to beat brock xD I was like 4 or 5, So I wanted my brothers Crystal but he wouldent give it to me so i snuck in and took it but it dident fit in my gameboy slot! Because I hade/still have an original gameboy. Then he decided pokemon was a bit "Lame" Around his high school years and I was like in grade 1 or 2 by then or something so he gave me pokemon Crystal and I hade a Gameboy Colour MUHAHAHA! So I'd just gamble and fight the E4 with a bunch of 100's haha, Id also watch the TV show every day :P But I miss the original pokemon season, Oh great another thread that makes me feel old xD, But thats pretty much my story...

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Through the anime. I'd watch it all the time. I use to collect cards too, and started playing the games with Yellow.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    My dad bought me a GBC and pokemon yellow for my birthday :)

it took off from there, i got pokemon red and blue from a friend who broke his GB so they were useless to him.

then i got silver, i cant remember why, and that got stolen..

next i bought a GB SP and i got sapphire and i played it non stop, i must have beaten the pokemon league at least 100 times, then me, being the pokemon noob, brought ruby AND emerald.

then i got fire red for my birthday and i lost that a few months later so i got leaf green for $30 at one of those game trader stores. and of cause i found fire red under the couch.

then i got a DS for my 13th birthday... i bought an R4 shorty after that and downloaded every pokemon game under the sun.

and now i bought heart gold, mainly because the rom kept freezing and i wanted the pokewalker :D

Years
    My grandmother got me blue version and my older brother red version and him and I would watch the show and collect the cards

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    one of the kids my mom used to babysit brought over his gameboy and red version. he played it everyday and i wanted to play so bad, but he never would let me. so on my birthday i got a gameboy color and rby. i have been addicted since then. ^_^

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I remember watching pokemon when I was 5 or 6, and then whenever pokemon GS came out, I somehow got my hands on gold version. I didn't know what to do though and would mash the A button all the time. I somehow beat red version after that too.
    Then when crystal came out, my aunt bought about 4 or 5 of them and gave me one. That was when I got hooked to pokemon and started playing all the time.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I remember watching the anime from a young age, and I begged my parents to buy me a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red so I could be just like Ash and ride a Charizard! :D

Years
    I got into Pokémon through the anime--in fact, until fairly recently (like, last year), I thought the anime came before the games. I almost got in through the trading cards, though, but my parents wouldn't buy me the booster packs when I saw them in the store.

PuyoPuyo Raffine

Puyo Puyo Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    the anime from a young age, then i found the trading cards and got into those too, and then I got into the games

Screedle

Getting there slowly...
    Years
    I had been hearing about the show on and off for afew years. Eventually when I went on holiday to florida when I was like, seven I think, I decided to get pokemon Emerald. Fell in love with RPG's as a whole then.

Also, my friends either think Pokemon is a tv show or games, but not both.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I always stole my big brother's Red version....Always pressing "New Game" Cause I didn't know what "Continue" meant....XD

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    awww.... i rly love this thread! everybodies differant stories r interesting. XD

as for me, i was hooked on the show when i was 4 5ish. i cant remember how i found out about it, but i watched it each morning and when i went to primary school, everybody had the cards so i bought them too. when i went over to japan in grade 1, i started watching the 'new' second series which i thought was so awesome. XD
    one day when i was out shopping with my grandfather in japan, i saw a game boy colour and gs at the window of a store. i was staring at it for a bit, and thinking how cool it would b to get one of them but i knew i never would coz my parents didnt let me. But my grandfather asked me if i wanted it and bought it for me. I couldnt believe it and felt so happy and i remember even now, just staring at the box of my gbc and silver all the way home on the bus. when i got home my mum was i showed my mum proudly and she jumped and was rly surprised. i was kind of scared but my mum didnt mind too much and just told me to thank my grandfather heaps.
    aaah good old times.... from then on i started playing pokemon and was introduced to the world of gaming.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    i got into pokemon when i first bought "Mystery Dungeon Explorer's of Time", i liked it so much that i went out and bought "Pokemon Pearl".

Back