• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you get into Pokemon?

what was your first Pokemon experience?

• Total voters

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I first got into Pokemon through the Video games. My friend got me Pokemon Blue for my birthday and I really enjoyed playing it so I looked into it.

champ4life

currently failing
    Years
    i got into pokemon when i saw my cousin playing it. It looked good and i got pokemon ruby. then dimond then platinum then heart gold now im pretty good at it :3

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    Let's see... 10 years ago, in the First Grade, and during its rise on Red/Blue/Yellow version. My friends were always talking about it in school, and drawing the little Pokemon everywhere. I really didn't know what it was all about. For Christmas, I got a Game Boy Color (lime green) with Pokémon Yellow Version. And that was where it all began!

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    When Pokémon was first ever aired in the UK, I missed the first episode however caught the "tail end of it" and got to see the last two minutes. I thought it looked interesting so I watched the second episode the next day, and in the end I really liked it and the following birthday, I got a GameBoy and Pokémon Red and Blue.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    oh boy. This brings back memories :').
    I Remember watching the anime when i was about 5. I loved it so much and watched it everyday
    When i heard pokemon the movie was coming out i was so excited!. Anyway, after watching the movie
    My friend decided to get Yellow. I was kind of interested in it but not alot.
    When i was 8 my dad got me a GBA with Gold and Silver and oh boy, did i get addicted. I completed johto in silver in one day!
    i then gave my friend my gold as i never played it and he let me have his yellow all those years ago!!!
    From then on i have always been a massive pokemon fan. i still am, even at 16 lol.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It all started when pokemon was the most happening thing in our school (It was when I was in Class 3-5). We used to play pokemon cards and soon enough I bought Pokemon Ruby with money I'd saved up. I really liked playing it. Then I played R/B/Y and G/S/C. And here I am..

shot571

I don't quite remember how but i think it was the anime or my cousin/uncle on his game.

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    When my Aunt first got me a Gameboy color, with my sister, I picked Pokemon Red while my sister picked Donkey Kong. I had no idea what Pokemon was, but the front cover with Charizard was too hard to resist. Ever since then, hah.

Years
    I remember in 2001 when I was introduced to pokemon by my brother xD,I was only 5 at the time and ever since then I've been addicted!

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    Umm, in 1998, nobody would even talk to you if you didn't play Pokemon, haha.
    So I got into Pokemon with Blue version, but was influenced by peer pressure.

Years
    It all started for me when I caught an episode on tv one day. I'm pretty sure it was the Squirtile Squad episode. I watched it and it immediately caught my interest. Then I got my Pokemon Red and got hooked xD

Years
    My cousin wouldn't let me borrow his Blue Version when I was at a party, so I wanted the same game, except in Red.

I played it, and I got hooked instantly. I still play after all these years. :]

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    For me when I was little I remember walking into Media Play and seeing the first structure deck, with the Machamp and then later got the games. Since that magical day I've been playing every since!

chicanery

is this youth?
    Years
    i saw an ad on tv for some pkmn N64 game, started watching the show and buying trading cards all at once C8 we were never able to afford the video games until Crystal came out, but then one fateful xmas my best friend's rich uncle bought me my first GBC, and i brought it eeevvvverywhere with me ;u; i became totally hooked! i found the internet, got into the fandom, & here i am today, hehe.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    I was introduced through a combination of the TCG and Anime when I was VERY young.
    I remember some older kids at my school had pokemon cards, so of course had to have some of my own.
    I was pretty fascinated with them, although I didn't know how to play, and then somehow heard about the Anime and started watching it religiously. At this point, I was pretty obsessed so I bought the games, and I've enjoyed pokemon quite a bit ever since.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Pokemon Stadium, I think. My brother had it, and he let me play it one day. I was hooked from then on. :3

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    I can't remember which came first, but...
    I remember getting these packs of bubble gum when I was little, and each pack had a free Pokemon card inside. XD I remember getting a Vaporeon card.

I also remember buying a Pokemon sticker book at my elementary school book fair, too. That book was friggin stellarness to the max. :3

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    In 4th grade I believe it was, EVERYONE was talking about the news that there was to be a new Pokemon series, which is now R/S/E. After hearing that, I became curious and decided to try a Pokemon game for myself. So I picked up Crystal, which happened to be the latest Pokemon game. I didn't know that though. I only selected it because I thought the box was pretty. xD My fandom took off from there...

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    I think what got me hooked to Pokemon (Or, got me started). My family frequented KFC -- One day my dad saw they sold these plushies which he bought some. He came home and gave me a Zubat, Vulpix and Seel. At the time I had no clue what i was holding -- but I talked to them like they were my best friend.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Me and my cousin (a girl) got blue and red for Christmas, respectively. She was 4 and I was 4, but my birthday was the day after Christmas so I turned 5 the next day. I struggled with the game, my aunt had to get my starter for me, she picked Charmander so I stuck with it, but later fell in love with Bulbasaur instead. My cousin was lost as heck, so I took her Red version and beat it, she didnt suspect a thing. I had really strong Pokemon, and 3 years later she wanted it back and I was pissed. lol. My Blue version died of battery failure, it wouldn't save. Same thing happened to my Silver.

Back