• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you got interested in pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Mine was the anime, my friend showed it to me when he came over once when I was... 5 or 6 I think... and it was the episode in the first season where all the Magikarp evolve into Gyarados and rampage. I was hooked after that :P.

Years
    I first got interested in Pokemon when we were in a hotel and I found a copy of Pokemon Gold in the bureau drawer, and I kept it. xD I didn't get how to play at first, because obviously there weren't any directions with it, but I figured it out eventually, and then I had to go out and buy Pokemon Red and Silver afterwards. I had to save my money for about three months because they were so expensive.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    For me it was going to Media Play and getting the very first starter deck, the one with the holo Machamp. Was hooked from there.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I think I saw some random banners for FRLG and RSE and got interested.

If that's not it, probably because I saw some friends playing it.

can't remember.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
    I honestly cannot remember! I think it was through a friend in School, and the collecting of the Cards.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    when my mom was babysitting one of the kids brought over his gameboy with red version and got me addicted to it.

DarkDreams

Whispers in the dark...
    Years
    Well, how I got into it was AdvanceShippings fault. lol. I started to search "Ashy May" for school, and I stumbled across some fanart. They were cute. A few months later, I decided to watch Pokemon, but I wanted to see how it was like. I went to youtube and watched a random AMV, which just happened to be ContestShipping. Afterwards, I started to hate that ship and watched the Anime, purely for Shipping reason =|

Yeah. Lame isn't it? :P

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    When I was 7 my dad bought me a game boy ^_^ Red version, a see through gameboy pocket. i ran in the living room and showed him my first ever evolution: Pidgey to pidgeotto (i trained it more than my charmander) XD

kylie

Trainer and Contestant :D
    Years
    I believe I was watching the anime for a little while. Then I started collecting the stickers and a couple cards when I could scrape together a dollar. Pretty soon my dad bought me Sapphire (or Ruby, I don't really remember) and I became a bit obsessed D:

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
    Well with all those creatures and trainers it got my intrest.
    Everything in the whole Anime gave my intrest it was almost like my whole life i also dream of it.Thats what got me into Pokemon everything is so like real life fantasy.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    lol when I was little I saw the truck driver that crushed the Pokemon into Red/Blue versions if anyone remembered that lol

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My brother and I caught the first episode of Pokemon accidentally and got addicted to it ever since. Then we were addicted to stealing Pokemon cards from other kids! Haha, yeah... good times. It was later when I got into the games. Pokemon Yellow was my first one, then Red.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Nintendo Power. They did their big preview thing of Pokemon in '97-'98, and I thought it looked like an interesting game (It was my first RPG-style game). So, my brother picked up Red, I picked up Blue, and thus, an addiction started :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back