• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you know about Pokemon in the first place?

How did you know about Pokemon?

• Anime

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Manga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Games

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I heard about the anime and was like "WTF?"

But then I got Pokemon Red, the very first game, with my GBA SP and was hooked. I loved my Charizard so much...good times, good times.

Noisuf Ekop 993

Still a cheater.Back on peeps.
    Years
    Okay, lesse

When I was around 4 my grandma got me a pokemon video, only because she saw cute creatures and so yeah. My mom found out fighting was inolved and banned it for me.

So, I went on, feeling sad and left out, as I saw Ruby and Sapphire ads and everyone was having a great time.

Then, finally after years of boring pokemon and yu-gi-oh card collecting (we all have THAT stage) I got my first game, Firered.'

The rest is history.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    In Kindergarten :P Everyone was talking about these new Pokemon Cards. I didn't think much of it until my best friend Simon showed me the cards. I was like "WOAA!" Then he told me about the TV show. i was like "WOAAA!" Then he told me where to buy the cards. I was like "WOAAAA!" Then I got my first game, Red Version for my gameboy Pocket and went nuts! I was like "WOAAAAAAAAAA! YEAAAHH!"
    And that's the story of me nd Pokemon ^_^

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    My older brother used to watch it, so I turned it on one day and liked it too. ^_^

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I first knew about Pokemon since everyone in my 1st grade class had the cards, and I wanted them too so I got them. I started watching the anime soon, in no time I became a Pokemon fanatic. In 2000 I got Pokemon Blue and my first Gameboy Color (I got N64 before the Gameboy Color so Gameboy Color was my second video game device).

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Most of my friends had the game and were trading between each other. So I bought pokemon Red and the rest is pokemon history. I got Crystal before all my friends. But they all had either Gold or Silver. Anyway I found so many secrets in that game

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    I recieved a subscription to Nintendo Power for my 9th birthday, and found a page on Pokemon Yellow in there.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    My brother used to show me his cards too.
    I used to go nuts over them; so then he taught me how to play cards with him. I always lost. T_T

Back