• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did your last job interview go?

Sirfetch’d

I had a pretty good job interview the other day. It wasn't anything special, just a department store position, but is something I really hope I get so I can have a little extra spending money while I finish school. For those of you who have had interviews, how did they go? Are you confident when you have a job interview?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I knocked my last job interview for a grocery store out of the park. Easily got the job but it's just a stupid grocery store.
    But my complete failure at an interview for an internship at a tech company(something that actually matters) still lingers.

Years
  • My last interview was to advance at the job I have. I didn't get it.

You can guess how it went. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Pretty sure I bombed mine because I didn't get the job D:

But for the job I'm currently in now (had it before my last interview), it was super informal! My supervisor just called me in to pretty much establish my work schedule and fill out a W4 tax form.

Years
  • I've never had a job interview. For my current job (not that I can work atm lol) I got it simply by happening to be a dancer at that studio, volunteering my time and then becoming qualified lol.

I also didn't have to do an interview for the teaching assistant job I had offered to me a month or so ago, I did have to decline though because of my health.

The only other work I've done was as a tutor which was self-employed. So no interview there either xD

Years
  • I have gotten every job I have been interviewed for, which happens to be a surprising amount at 24 years old. Not that I'm applying to positions of importance though, just your average everyday jobs.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Pretty good since I got the job.
    They already knew me though since I did a lot of summer jobs there before I graduated. In fact they even contacted me a few months before graduation to ask if I wanted to come for a job interview cause I got good feedback during the summer jobs.

The interview itself was still nerve-wrecking though. With all the questions regarding situations and if I'd had situations like that before during my summer job or placement and if so how I reacted to them and if I didn't how I'd react to them.

But yeah, I've been working at this clinic as a nurse for almost 4 months now~

Years
  • I thought it had went pretty terrible at the time, i'm a nervous wreck at interviews and for the amount ive done the number of job offers ive gotten is pretty low.
    Turns out I did enough to pass it and was put on a waiting list, didnt really think anything would come of that but they offered me a job earlier this year.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I actually got hired at my current job without an interview, there was a skills test and I scored high enough to just be hired without an interview.

All my other interviews were terrible. They were all back when I had no idea how to really answer in an interview, so it's mostly me being blindsided and having to come up with stupid on the spot questions. I've heard a few tricks since then, but I've never had a chance to test them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If I'm good at what I'm going for I'm most likely to get it.

This job, I had no experience in the direct field (only similar sales work in retail). I didn't get the job I went for but the person liked me so much that they pretty made a position for me at another location. :') But only downside is this location is closing in a month so I gotta go for more job interviews soon :(

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Really super well. My boss is a nice guy, which made me feel at ease. I was able to turn the interview into more of a conversation between two professionals and I think it was exactly what he was looking for - on top of the skills I had to offer. We spoke for about an hour, I was introduced to a few other employees I would be working with and the following Monday I got an offer for the job. And now I'm working there! It honestly felt great.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I've only ever had one job interview in my entire life.
    Handed in a resume one day, got a phone call around 11am the next, went in for the interview 2 hours later, drove home (which took 10 minutes), realized I had a missed call that I got when driving home from the place, called back, got told I got the job, started working there the next day, 7 months later I got promoted to 3IC.

Years
  • Just had my first interview in nearly 5 years a couple of weeks ago for a promotion into management, and yesterday I found out that I got the position! I've never considered myself all that great at interviews (though, I've been offered a position on 3/6 interviews I've had, which is pretty good I guess), so I was kind surprised that just 2 of the 11 people they spoke with actually got accepted, and I was one of them. Sometimes I guess it helps to have connections, as the two gentlemen who interviewed me both worked with one of the managers at my store, and he was able to give me a good reference.

Hopefully I won't have to do another interview for a long time though. Not that the interview itself was bad, but it was a bit stressful both before and after until I found anything out.

Sirfetch’d

I guess I can update this with saying my last interview went swell! I got the job so I must have done something right :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess I can update this with saying my last interview went swell! I got the job so I must have done something right :D

Congratulations Chase!

I don't think I've ever had a proper job interview. I just kinda... Got jobs. Not sure how.

Years
  • My last job interview went ok although I stumbled abit on the roleplay (customer > customer service agent) I wasn't given enough time to prepare and I have never done this kind of job before, previously I was a gardener.

Needless to say I got the job I must have done quite well on the other aspects of the intervew :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Last one I didn't get the job but that's because I got a job just a week or two before it so I took that one over the other one. At first I thought that maybe it was a mistake but after being transferred to a different so I'm glad I kept the job I have now? Though the other one might have had its upsides I'm "assistant manager" where I am now so hey no complants. That job interview went well to say the least.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I was pretty lucky with the timing of my last job interview. I started to feel like there was no room for growth & I was really bored with my last job when I got hit up by a recruiter about an open position. Seeing as how I wanted something new, I agreed to do a phone conversation about the role. That lead to an in person interview a week later & I was offered the job a week after that.

I've been here since November of last year~

Back