• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do Ash and the gang get money for all those supplys?

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
Years
  • Is it like the game and every battle Ash wins gets him money? Or does his mom send him money? I've been wondering this for a while now, I mean its not like he even keeps in regular contact with his mom.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    They always do seem to have a girl in the group >_>

No I'm kidding, I'm guessing like the game.

.... Sicko D:

Lets see, we all know Pokemon Centers don't charge, so they must be government funded or some ****. I guess Trainers are government funded through a mart or otherwise for food. At least for minors I suppose.

Which leads me to the conclusion that Bush is the President of Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn, and Sinnoh now.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
  • I know eh? Sometimes it seems like there in the forest weeks. And on top of that they all seem to eat alot. I wonder how Ash will fair if they dont bring brock back for the 5th gen. Perhaps there will be a new aspiring pokemon breeder who is just as talented as brock.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I know eh? Sometimes it seems like there in the forest weeks. And on top of that they all seem to eat alot. I wonder how Ash will fair if they dont bring brock back for the 5th gen. Perhaps there will be a new aspiring pokemon breeder who is just as talented as brock.

... I don't think there will be a Brock replacement >_>.... I guess I'd go with FanFlame's theory during Isshu.

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • Well, Jesse, James, & Meowth never wins battles so they end up doing odd jobs. Maybe it is battling. xD
    It doesn't ever seem like people give them money. I guess that's just left up to whatever you prefer to think.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • It's clearly not the winning, since the games are nothing like the anime no matter how similar they make the storylines.......

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • It can't be money from battles, it would be far too easy for some old thug to take on a little kid and steal their money.

Lol. I think they've dealt with their fare share of thugs. They've all got dumb luck on their side. =D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Masterge77 said:
    It's clearly not the winning, since the games are nothing like the anime no matter how similar they make the storylines.......

Just because the animé doesn't follow the games all the time doesn't mean that this wouldn't be a time where they did.

Years
  • In the games, I never saw it as the trainers giving you money...more like you kicked their ass and threatened to beat them up if they didn't fork over some cash. XD

But I think it's clearly obvious that there is a wandering street vendor that follows them around, knowing that Ash is a glutton and will therefore make a killing off him, which it why Ash never really carries food supplies. As for money, he exploits the local hippies by having his plant pokemon of the region use sweet scent stun spore etc to make them feel good about themselves. For the hard core shaking druggies, they sell needles filled with 'Toxic.'

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Brock is secretly employed by Ash's dad to follow Ash on his journeys and help him out. His dad gives Brock money when they need it, and Brock pretends it is his. It's as simple as that.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ORegan said:
    But I think it's clearly obvious that there is a wandering street vendor that follows them around, knowing that Ash is a glutton and will therefore make a killing off him, which it why Ash never really carries food supplies.

Magikarp salesman for the win.

The whole supplies question can be answered with Hammer-space. The reason why you can fit a table inside your traveling to eat in the middle of the forest. Supplies is probably free too just as long as your ten.

Quite clear in the games as well.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • My thought would be, maybe after Ash defeats a gym leader, he gets a handful of cash?
    Or like the games, and after every battle Ash wins, he earns some more money?

EDIT: Here's another idea, maybe their relatives send them money? I'm not quite sure how, but it's possible :P

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • In that case Ash should make himself filthy rich by messing with all the weak kids. They whip out Metapod, he sends out the almighty Charizard. Then he can get a chauffeur to take him where he wants to go.

Charizard has not even came to assit ash in anything for sinnoh so ya...not like its going to happen.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    .... Sicko D:

Lets see, we all know Pokemon Centers don't charge, so they must be government funded or some ****. I guess Trainers are government funded through a mart or otherwise for food. At least for minors I suppose.

Which leads me to the conclusion that Bush is the President of Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn, and Sinnoh now.

No, no. You mean Hitler. They really always seem to be in a town and they dont buy much. The show is aimed at kids who wouldnt ask this questions. Its a TV show, it doesnt matter

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    probably his mom gives the money, even so his mother doesn't seem to have a job XD

Back