• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do badges boost pokemon stats

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
    I started a new game on my Sapphire game and when I got my 3rd badge, it said that my Pokemon's speeds would be boosted or something like that. I don't know how to figure this out cuz I don't remember my Pokemon's stats before and after, but do you know if this is true? I posted in D/P cuz this also might apply.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really dont think it does anything.... but if it does it has very little effect

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What!? Is this only fo in game or Wifi too.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It must not do much because it is hardly mentioned on any site.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Anyway, there is no indication that the badges in D/P boost stats.
    It isn't so clear to me what they did in older games, but what I've been reading is that in R/B/Y it allowed your Pokemon to reach their full potential stat-wise - i.e. your Pokemon have a cap to their SPEED and earning a badge that raises SPEED will allow it to grow further.

I don't believe it so much.
    Believe what you will.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badges

A description of what every badge bestows on the player.

Nothing is mentioned about stat boosts. My theory is that when they say it, it's because you have just gained a large quantity of EVs in that stat. For example, brock says how it will boost your defences after you have just beat geodude and onix, who both give EVs in that stat.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh o it must just mean earning the badge will do that?

Back