• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I activate a common event mid battle?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
  • Based on Venum12's change bgm mid battle script, how could I trigger a common event mid battle?
    One thing I've noticed in Pokémon that nothing happens after a battle has started until the end, on all Pokémon games.
    I want an event to trigger mid battle.
    It doesn't sound to difficult, but I still don't know how I would make it work.
    Can you help me?

Years
  • Events are frozing during Pokémon battles - I'm new to all this so I won't say it's impossible but I don't think it's very likely.

What are you trying to trigger, and would you be able to add it to PokeBattle_Battle directly? That option would work.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, I guess if I could terminate the battle it would continue on the event page but I don't know how to do that either.
    Basically, you know how something will happen in the middle of a battle on other types of games?
    I'm trying to do that.
    In Troops on Database and in autorun common events. I am uncertain about this last one.

Important note: the pokémon battle system is completly different from other RPG Maker XP games.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's no way to interrupt a Pokémon battle unless you code it in.

You haven't actually said exactly what you want, which makes it much harder for us to help you. Do you want to prematurely end the battle? If so, under what circumstances? Or do you want to do something conceptually like Regigigas' Slow Start ability, wherein (say) a variable starts off as one value but changes halfway through the battle (and which presumably would affect that battle)?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I think it's too much of a hassle to properly interrupt the battle. Just have the invasion occur just before the battle starts. If you know how to use animations, you could even start the battle music and fade to black like battles usually do (as a fake-out), before immediately fading back in and carrying on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    What about something like B/W where the trainer/Gym Leader's picture slides back in when they're on their last Pokemon, deliver a message, and slides back out? Would something like that be doable?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What about something like B/W where the trainer/Gym Leader's picture slides back in when they're on their last Pokemon, deliver a message, and slides back out? Would something like that be doable?
    There's a tutorial for that on the wiki. It was a very recent discussion in this very forum.

Back