• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I change the battle menu to leaf green HUD?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Hello there! Well the topic speaks for it self, basically I would like to change the battle menu (the options fight, run, bag and pokémon) to leaf green's battle menu. How do I do that?

Also, where can I find all attack animations or do I have to create them myself?

Kind regards, Denziz.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • That's simple graphic changes man, you can find those in the Pictures folder of the Graphics folder in the main essentials root - as for the acquiring of said graphics, you can easily rip them if that is your forte, or find them on The Spriter's Resource

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    And can you please explain step by step how to change the graphics? Cause I do not know.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • So you take those there graphics I link'd ya, you open it in paint
    you make it twice the size it originally was
    then you open each of the images that are in the graphics folder
    you then select the part from the leafgreen resource, and paste it over the corresponding resource

the battle action button, open it and press ctrl + A, and hit delete, then hit save

as long as you replace the right things with the right images, it should be a no brainer

also if you do not have photo shop, make the background of each picture you replace a neon color
    then go to your game, and click tools, then click materialbase then click pictures, then choose click import and choose the new images you have, and when it opens them up, click the nen color to make it transparent

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    But which one should I edit so I change the battle menu? the run,fight,pokemon and bag?

Is it battlecommandbuttons?

Aah! I don't get this :( Support needed :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Look in the script section PokeBattle_SceneConstants. At the top (lines 2 and 3) are two variables, both of which are set to true. Set them to false instead and see what happens.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I do not have "PokeBattle_SceneConstants" in the script editor... All I can find is PokeBattle_Scene with the lines of
    "def pbPokemonString(pkmn)
    if pkmn.is_a?(PokeBattle_Battler) && !pkmn.pokemon"

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Then search for these two lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene:

Code:
    USECOMMANDBOX = true
    USEFIGHTBOX   = true
    Make them false.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Yay! Thnx m8, it works. But now I see that it is pretty messed up as the command box is leaf green and the rest is like soul silver... How do I change so the HP bar etc is leaf green? Background too.

Also, Animations are not working for me or I have not "installed" them. It seems so boring to have no animations, how do I get those?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • no idea how animations work, it was a thing with essentials, I believe it will be fixed in the next release - as for anything else, just replace them with the corresponding FR/LG graphic - you should look at how the display is shown and work around it to minimize the amount of scripting needed to be changed (which if done right is zero)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    But how should I change the graphics for the HP bar and the background etc.?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Redesigning the appearance of a GUI isn't something you just do off the bat without knowledge or experience. Your first step is to learn how Ruby works, and what is used where.

As for animations, there are some that come with Essentials, but the majority of animations haven't been made by anyone (or at least, not released for public use).

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Also where do I change the character sprite when the player is walking?

Years
  • Also where do I change the character sprite when the player is walking?

Graphics/Pictures/trchar000
    (boy sprite)
    Graphics/Pictures/trchar001
    (girl sprite)

Try looking around through the folders, seeing what all is where helps you figure out how to make graphics changes if you need to.

Back