• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I disable this

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I really wonder what happened to the days when April Fools is supposed to be a lighthearted day where people are not supposed to take anything seriously.

Excessive bullying and media abuse of the holiday killed that years ago.

This "prank" sucks. Site is a pain to navigate right now. I already hate this holiday due to very bad personal experiences. If you really wanted to not have people come on for an entire day, this is pretty much how you do it.

Should never make these things mandatory. Should always have a way to disable these for people who don't want it. This is worse than the cows.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How do I disable this

*clicks like button*

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I agree with Arylett. Not EVERYONE has the same sense of humor. Why make a whole forum suffer? This kind of thing is a good away to drive members away from such a thing. This is why I hate April Fool's. People take shit seriously and except everyone to have fun. Again, not everyone shares the same sense of humor as others. Just because a few people are enjoying it, doesn't mean everyone will do the same. :/

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Not sure if intentional, but are we supposed to see the deleted threads? I can see a few of them in the ROM Hacking section. o.0

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
    I'm just a person who likes to rp and that's pretty much the only reason I'm here, but had I first found this site today, the layout would have immediately made me look elsewhere.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    This is funny. It's cute and silly and it's cool to see how PC looked long before I was here. It's 24 hours, I'm sure that everyone can deal with it. You can still navigate and post in threads, if you really need to contact someone, the PM button is there. So let's just carry on, post in your usual sections, and it'll be over before you know it. If you really can't stand it then I'm sure you can occupy your time with other hobbies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Could I also add that supporter tiers and all forums that didn't exist back then should be "removed" too? It'd be cooler :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Generally I don't care about holiday/festive changes to the site. However, as a person who blogs a lot and is trying to create a blog entry right now, I can't for the life of me find the functionality or access to the blogs section.

If anyone knows where it is, please direct quote me.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I think this joke should make us a little bit more appreciative of the kind of work that's been put into this forum to make it user-friendly and add more features! It's weird how much we take for granted now; I felt lost for a little bit without my notifications even though they're a relatively new feature in the site's history.

Basic point, if we have an annual event where all kinds of great googly moogly occurs and it happens on that date every year as tradition and you're not into it, well ... I guess it's time to catch up on some movies or hang out with a friend you haven't seen in a while instead of being here?

I'm just glad most of the BBCode is still functional in this skin.

That being said -- I do got an actual problem where I can't send PMs because I don't have a "security token" to do so or something? So staff, carry on with the joke and everything, but if we could just tweak that, that'd be pretty gucci of you.​

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    not seeing the "purple monstrosity" you're referring to; just a bare bones legacy vBulletin skin and no way to change my skin back.

However I am not pleased with the sudden lack of functionality that this skin brings to me. I do however understand the holiday and it's existence just that I'm really miffed that this is limiting my usage of the site because I can't turn it off or shift settings to continue using the site or regain functionality.

Please fix this. I don't want to feel like I have to avoid PC on April Fools because the site has limited functionality as a prank. It's irritating. I was hoping for something charming this year; something I'd laugh at and enjoy, not something irritating.

EDIT: Says the cranky old member while cracking a smile ten miles wide.
    (but seriously fixes pls for broken functionalities!)

See, I mentioned this last time when there was this cow epidemic spreading around against everyone's will. I can't track any engagement metrics for this site, obviously, but considering how many negative comments there were last time, you'd figure there's at least a message there.

Honest to goodness word of advice (doesn't matter if anyone takes it to heart or not): Please avoid forcing things onto users without some kind of prior warning and/or friendly workaround. Sure, April Fool's, ha ha, we had our laugh. Now joke's over, can we go back to what we actually want to see?

This is a public community where user friendliness is everything. It's not some feudal system where anything the overlord(s) say goes, changes happen on a whim, and the peons are left to take everything as it is. At least I sure hope that's not the case. Sure, people can just pack their bags and leave, but do you honestly want that in a community?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    This is funny. It's cute and silly and it's cool to see how PC looked long before I was here. It's 24 hours, I'm sure that everyone can deal with it. You can still navigate and post in threads, if you really need to contact someone, the PM button is there. So let's just carry on, post in your usual sections, and it'll be over before you know it. If you really can't stand it then I'm sure you can occupy your time with other hobbies.

*whines loudly like a child*
    but I shouldn't haveta do without PC for a whole day! Oh!

This is easily the Worst.
    Thing.
    Ever.

*faints on the couch dramatically like a certain pony*

Seriously I hate it.

The cute member says with a knowing wink at staff

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back