• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do I donate without my parents finding out?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    As the title states how do i donate money without my parents finding out? I want to but my parents won't let me. Is there a way?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • You will still get a bill, and it will be listed on it, unless you have a prepaid card.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • You can still donate by sending a check through the normal Mail. You'll need to PM Rukario for the details, since he's the one who deals with that. (I'm not sure if he'll accept, or the Postal service will allow, you to send actual money)

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Well, if you have a Text Messaging Plan with your provider, then they shouldn't know.
    Unless of course, your provider sends out every text message you send/receive, but they'd be in trouble if they did that, though.
    But, if you don't have a text messaging plan, just use Snail Mail.
    It'll take a really long time, but, it works.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Your parents will find out either way. It's called a bill.​

Not if you post it or donate via sms or snail mail.

I sent my donation via snailmail.
    you have to ask Rukaio for the adress and you also should insure your money is safely wrapped up in a peice of paper or 2.

I did this and it safely arrived a little over a week later

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • There is no way to secretly donate kid. You can even get caught if you donate by SMS, if your parents look at the bill close enough. I'd just suggest asking permission. If you can't get permission to use another method, then there's always snail mail.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What I did to donate was say "There's this site that I go to that needs donations or it's going to be shut down (which is true, in a sense). Could I donate $25.00 to help it out?" There's always a way to convince them to let you do something. ;D

Speaking from past experience, going behind their backs only ends up with you getting into more trouble.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • There is no way to secretly donate kid. You can even get caught if you donate by SMS, if your parents look at the bill close enough. I'd just suggest asking permission. If you can't get permission to use another method, then there's always snail mail.

Ever heard of pay as you go?

Anyway, I do have to agree that its better to ask anyway :D

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Use SMS, it's the best way & it's how I did it annonymously XD;

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, there's this SMS text message donation system that I saw earlier which might get you saved from being caught.

But in all seriousness, the money is earned by your parents. Don't just give it away without their permission. It belongs to them...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Unless if it says where or who the extra money is going to, on the sms bill (as an example). And depending if they look at it or not, you could pass it off as excess SMSing or dling of games/ringtones XD (though I think they'd be just as mad with those two as well).

Snail mail would be your best bet though, and as another user said, it is best to wrap up the money a bit before putting it in an envelope.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I've never donated to PC before, but when I've donated to forums in the past I've always used prepaid cards. ie Visa, Discover, Master Card prepaid gift cards

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Why not wait until you don't need their permission? They won't find out that way either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Why don't you explain that you want to, or earn your own money? I mean, it's difficult to get past the eyes of a parent.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Am I the only one who finds it wrong that everyone is giving someone advice on how to disobey their parents?

Get your parent's permission or don't donate, I say. Your parents have their reasons if they don't want you to send money in. Once you're old enough, you can do what you want with your money.

I sent money in with PayPal and no one in my family knows I've donated to an online forum. But then again, they frankly don't care now that I have my own income and banking accounts.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Am I the only one who finds it wrong that everyone is giving someone advice on how to disobey their parents?

Get your parent's permission or don't donate, I say. Your parents have their reasons if they don't want you to send money in. Once you're old enough, you can do what you want with your money.

I have to agree.. and officially say that you should ALWAYS get your parents permission before donating, signing up, or anything else online if your are under the legal age limits where you live.

Its always best to be honest with your parental units, IMO.

Back