• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I find my WEP key?

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Hey. I've got a Netgear router and a Windows 7 computer and I'm confused as to how I find my router's WEP Key. I need to find out what it is so I can wi-fi in AC:CF and Open up a Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold Trade Shop, so If someone could help me, I'd trade them a pokemon from my shop in return for ANY old pokemon. So, if ya can help me, thanks.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    WEP keys are written in a label under routers. It'll usually be mentioned explicitly which is which, but sometimes no, but check on any of its labels and the WEP should be there. If you want to not have that, you can try to change the settings under 192.168.0.1 . See your instruction manual first.

Years
    WEP keys are written in a label under routers. It'll usually be mentioned explicitly which is which, but sometimes no, but check on any of its labels and the WEP should be there. If you want to not have that, you can try to change the settings under 192.168.0.1 . See your instruction manual first.

Who sets up your computers in the house, because your computer is obviously connected via the network, so they'll know. See if it's WEP, because if it's WPA, you're out of luck.

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    @AndvancedK47: No WEP Label :( and my router didn't come with a manual.

Years
    @AndvancedK47: No WEP Label :( and my router didn't come with a manual.
    Look up the manual online. As far as I know wireless routers do not default to WEP, but unsecured. Was the router used? If so ask the previous owner what the key was or reset it to factory default.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ok, for this I am going to assume your computer is connected to the network you are trying to find the WEP key for.

Make sure you have Administrator privileges. Click on the signal bars icon at the right bottom corner. Right click on the network you are connected to and click properties. Go to the security tab and check the box that says "Show Characters"

Oh, DO NOT reset to factory settings. I had to **** around with my router a LONG while before having internet access again. Not to mention a parental screaming >_>

Back