• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do I know if there real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
  • Hey everyone!

Well I took a leap into the Pokemon world today!
    I bought a DS and Pokemon Soul Silver! Which I am loving!

I was told by a friend theres lots of bad trades online and many are fake :(
    He said I can tell whats real and whats not by the Pokemons Infomation....

Is there a website I can find out if a Pokemon is real or not?
    All I know is trainer ID lol by he said I can check the code, where they met etc
    thing is how do I know if where they met is correct?

Anyone know a website with this info on?

I would be so greatful! Don't wanna end up with fakes :(

Years
  • well if u get a pokemon like lugia and it says met apparently met at lvl 5 lol then u know its fake

another giveaway is a pokemon having an ability its not supposed to like electivire with static cuz electivire only has 1 ability.

a pokemon having a move it cant learn from breeding, TM/HM, or lvling up like charizard with hydro pump lol

or the original trainer is a weird name like 42ojf9p23

oh yea if u get a lvl 3 pokemon and its stats are like 255 in everything

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Manaphy you can only receive from the Pokémon Ranger game. You must hatch the egg transferred from that game to DPPt. It is also hatched at Lv. 1. So it'll be important to read where it's location is from, original trainer, and level found. This is basically answered now so I'll just go on ahead and close this. For further questions on HeartGold and SoulSilver, please use our HG/SS Help Thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Those are general ways to check if they are legit or not, there. You can check such things against online dex's such as serebii.net's or bulbapedia's, etc.

I know not of a site, and such question wouldn't really go here as they're not hgss specific. I'd suggest trying to look in the Emulation section or just trying to google it - but can't say I've heard such of a thing. The above suggestins will weed out all of the obvious ones though. As for Pokemon like Manaphy they are rare enough that there are only a few legit ones which can be told apart from others if you check their location/how they were obtained, etc - sites like serebii.net and so forth again list such things if you look about.

That about covers it... so thread closed.

We really ought to stop ninja'ing each other, thread ends up open again by the end of it. =(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back