• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I record two audio inputs at the same time?

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
  • I have a voice-changing program called "MorphVOX" and I want to make some gameplay videos with it. The problem is that I can either have my voice recorded or the game's sounds recorded, but not both.

Does anyone know how I can get both to work together?

I use Fraps to record my videos.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • The way most people do that is by recording their game footage, recording their voice later, and then combining them.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Get Audacity (Google)

Start both programs at the same time. Record the video game with your MorphBox and your voice with audacity. You'll need a second microphone other than the input for the gameplay.

I don't know how the MB works, but save however it saves and make an MP3 if possible, and save your voice in Audacity as a project and export an MP3. Mix them in with a video creating software like Movie Maker and you got it now.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I only know the solution for XP.

Go to the Master Volume > Unmute Mic Volume.
    Then in FRAPS set the Audio Source to Stereo Mix. Now, when you speak through the microphone, you can hear your voice in the speakers. Then you can record both at the same time.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I have a voice-changing program called "MorphVOX" and I want to make some gameplay videos with it. The problem is that I can either have my voice recorded or the game's sounds recorded, but not both.

Does anyone know how I can get both to work together?

I use Fraps to record my videos.

Fraps is just recently getting good about recording game audio from what I understand. (Never worked for me until earlier 2010) I don't think it's meant for recording microphone audio. Perhaps it would be better to record the video first, and then separately comment on it in audio after it's done? You could then merge the two sound files together and position them how you please. Audacity is a good program for simple audio editing like that.

That's the simplest way I can think of.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • Fraps is just recently getting good about recording game audio from what I understand. (Never worked for me until earlier 2010) I don't think it's meant for recording microphone audio. Perhaps it would be better to record the video first, and then separately comment on it in audio after it's done? You could then merge the two sound files together and position them how you please. Audacity is a good program for simple audio editing like that.

That's the simplest way I can think of.

I would do that if I didn't run into desync problems. Say for example, on Thief: the Dark Project, I knock a guard out and I say "Bonk!" when I do it, the Bonk's not going to play at exactly the same time as the actual event, so it sounds weird.

I tried it before and trying to match the audio with my speech caused me to start pulling my hair out.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I only know the solution for XP.

Go to the Master Volume > Unmute Mic Volume.
    Then in FRAPS set the Audio Source to Stereo Mix. Now, when you speak through the microphone, you can hear your voice in the speakers. Then you can record both at the same time.

This is the solution for all versions of windows. Unmute your microphone and select Stereo Mix as your recording source.[

Be sure you're using headphones so your microphone doesn't get any feedback.

Years
  • As somebody said earlier, it's probably best to record the gameplay, then add your voice later; this is mainly because you may end up scrapping some footage, and it flows better for when you need to cut portions out, etc.

Back