• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How do I resize Wild Pokemon Battler sprites in 1.17

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2020
    Hello! I am new to using Pokemon Essentials, I don't have much experience in coding and cannot for the life of me figure this out.
    I am using Generation 3 Battler Sprites. They are very very small in battle.
    I'm trying to find where in the script to resize the Battler sprites so they are a better size in battles and wild encounters. I'm unfamiliar with the changes in Essentials 1.17, I found some old help articles for older versions and still cannot figure it out, so I turn to you guys! Please help me you're my only hope!
    How do I resize Wild Pokemon Battler sprites in 1.17How do I resize Wild Pokemon Battler sprites in 1.17

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
  • How do I resize Wild Pokemon Battler sprites in 1.17

I've never used an older version so I'm not sure if it contains this script but if it does this will probably be the easiest way to do it;

If that proves fruitless, you could always import your own resized battler sprites (Graphics->Battlers), there are plenty of resources on the web which are probably already resized and free to use with some credit, just ensure the files get replaced properly with the correct naming and such.

(Could I ask why you choose to use an outdated version of essentials? Just curious, probably some feature or aesthetic right?)

In any case, good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2020
    Negative. Did not work. I have tried resizing the images themselves but they appear choppy and blurry.

Years
  • Try using the Automatic 2x Art Resizer on Relic Castle to scale your sprites to 128x128. Gen 3 sprites are 64x64 and Essentials Default sprites are 160x160 that's why the sprites look small.

Back