• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I show just a National Dex and nothing else?

Marlo

Missing Person
Years
  • I couldn't find an answer to this question by searching the forum and reading the Wiki on regional dexes didn't help.

I can set it up so that DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = true, which obviously won't fix my problem, and then I can set it up to where it's false and then unlock the National Pokédex, so it will give me a list with Kanto Pokédex and National Pokédex.

I'd really like it to, if anything, just say "National Pokédex" without Kanto or Johto, etc. unless I had all the other dexes-which it doesn't come with.

Can't I just make it so National Dex is the plain default without dealing with the others?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Just delete all the RegionalNumbers= lines in pokemon.txt. It makes sense.

I don't think it matters in this case what you set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to, but I'd leave it as true just in case.

Marlo

Missing Person
    Years
  • Just delete all the RegionalNumbers= lines in pokemon.txt. It makes sense.

I don't think it matters in this case what you set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to, but I'd leave it as true just in case.

I got it! I attached the file for anyone else. At first it deleted my Pokédex in general, but I just started a new game and it worked. Now it just says Pokédex.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Just delete all the RegionalNumbers= lines in pokemon.txt. It makes sense.

What I find would have been easier is just to open Notepad and use the replace all function to change all instances of RegionalNumbers to something ridiculous or useless like BegionalNumbers. At that point, the game wouldn't recognize the lines so the game would automatically use only the National Pokedex.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What I find would have been easier is just to open Notepad and use the replace all function to change all instances of RegionalNumbers to something ridiculous or useless like BegionalNumbers. At that point, the game wouldn't recognize the lines so the game would automatically use only the National Pokedex.
    Exactly.

You'd still need to start a new game, though. It's just common sense to do so when you've changed something.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024

How do you get access to this?

Back