• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I use .ips hack games??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraconicDino

Lurker
Years
  • Right... First of all, I'm positively sure that this is in the wrong section. However, since I couldn't find any other section that seemed right...
    Anyway, my question is this: what do I do with .ips files? I've currently got a couple beta versions of Pokemon hack games, but no way to use them since it seems that the Visual Boy Advance can't open them. What do I do?

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • I'm sure it is the wrong section, but you could check all the threads with this very question.

You have to patch the ips files onto the rom that has been hacked using a program such as Lunar IPS or something.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • Well if I were to tell you, then I'd be breaking the rules.

When you download a hack, look at the subtitle, such as [FireRed Hack] or [Crystal Hack]. And then use Google to find those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back