• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do people spend 300+ hours on 1 gamesave?

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
Years
  • Hey guys, just wondering how people play for so long on 1 gamesave?
    i've seen people with over 600+ hours played and it leaves me wondering HOW?
    the most i've clocked up on one gamesave was near 200 hours and that was it for me on that gamesave :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Part of it goes in the main story, just the play-through, getting all items, side quests, that sort of things. I always thoroughly go through everything and that already covers a lot.
    Training Pokémon and building a team also takes a lot of time, especially if you're EV training and IV breeding, also if you're breeding for the right nature - I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to get the right natures for my Pokémon. And if you haven't already focussed on catching all Pokémon you encounter, after the Elite Four, most people go through the whole map again and catch all Pokémon they missed before, evolving Pokémon and obtaining the right items to do so (evolution stones, hold items, etc). Probably also a lot of trading since some Pokémon are version exclusives.

When you've done all this thoroughly, with maybe some lazy moments and just walking and exploring, got the national dex and so on, I can imagine if you have a lot of playtime. Of course not 600, but imagine you got the game as soon as it got in store, and have been playing it ever since, and using it as your main game, for trading and battling online, that probably covers it, as years pass. There are also moments where you just leave it on standby to get a drink or something, all of these moments add up.

I never had anything close to 600, but I'm planning to use my current game as my main one, I have somewhere around 100 right now and I'm not even close to the end, so yeah. I hope this helps out a little, otherwise I don't know how people can get 600+ XD

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • On my Pearl version I have 450+ hours or something, mainly me EVing/IV breeding and trying to complete the National Dex. And I've had that since 2007, so... It's not like I just spent that amount of time. It's happened over the years.

But other than that, I usually restart my games.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Yup. I've spend about 800 hours on SoulSilver.
    I like to play the game the fullest extent.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Let us not fail to mention that the DS' internal play clock DOES NOT stop when you close the system and send it into sleep mode. It keeps ticking.

But I remember accruing 1200+ hours across the GBA generation of games.
    Mostly R/S/E and FR/LG and devoting about 300+ hours to each. (R/S/E/FR)

In the DS Generation I've clocked a bit less, but in total it's 800+ hours.
    300+ for Pearl
    61 for Platinum
    40 for Heart Gold
    414 for White. (At least 25% of this is "Sleep-time" where the DS clock did not stop when the lid closed.)

Clusterfudge

Explosive-licious
    Years
  • It's easy to spend that much time.
    If you want to train up everyone, or get everything, or just have fun going wherever you please on the save file.
    I have 60 hours on Pokemon Black, I don't send the DS to sleep, and I am only on Driftveil Town. :P

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    I had alot of time on my save file,due to training,checking every area to find a Pokemon,that I think might spark my interest,or battling every trainer in that area,or simply checking out some of the events that are taking place in the game,example black,I like to go to the Ferris wheel,because it's view is simply amazing.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, it's not that hard, even if you take breaks from the Pokemon games and don't start a new files and like to try to complete everything. Also with the whole 'hours keep being added when DS is in sleep mode' - that has an effect if you chain for shiny Pokemon over the course of a few days and only really 'play' an hour a day or something like that.

Anyways, going to move to PGC as this can apply to more than the 4th gen games.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    On diamond I have since 7/11/2007 a game file of 400+ game data it just easy if you play it a year every day.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I think Yoshikkko said it best. After the main story, a lot players breed (natures, movesets, IVs, and abilities) and train their competitive teams. There's also the matter of completing the National Dex.

That is crazy, the most I've ever spent on one gamesave was a little over 180 hours...
    Guess you're not into the competitive scene :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think people have 300+ hours on their game because they spend a lot of time training their Pokemon, breeding new Pokemon and exploring the region overall. Also, there may be people out there who complete the storyline slower than others.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Some people leave the DS's closed but not realizing that the game isn't off or even knows that the game is still on but too lazy to save it (like me) and what takes some people forever is doing the side quest that allow you to max out your trainer card (which is what I did and what I am doing in Pokemon White)

:t354:TG

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I have 247:23 on Diamond because of all the trading, breeding and leveling. Not too mention the main story as well as playing in the underground.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • 300+ hours is insane. The most I've clocked up on any one game is about 110+ hours and that's since Red & Blue. (I still have my original save on Red from the 90's, I've only ever had one save on it)

I'm not sure how some people take nearly 100+ hours to complete the story, I've done nearly everything there is to do on White (Except see and catch all pokemon) and I've only clocked up about 40 hours. Each to their own I suppose though. :)

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
    Years
  • I remember clocking a lot of time into Pearl, and I did pretty much everything I can think of. I had around 130 hours total. The 100 hours of just plain messing around, and leveling up my Pokemon, this also includes the story.

And the other 30 hours went into my breeding, hatching and trading.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I have 793 hours on my Diamond and only 200+ hours on my Pokemon Black. Usually I beat the game as quick as possible and then start training/capturing some of my favorite Pokemon such as Gligar/Gliscor and EV training them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • - Training multiple teams for a certain challenge, in my case anyway.
    - Battle Frontier/Subway.
    - EV training and keeping the save file for Wi-Fi battles.
    - Collecting and storing Pokemon.
    - Leaving the game on accidentally, or for using Verity Lake music to get to sleep.
    - Pixel attachment.

Back