• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do people spend 300+ hours on 1 gamesave?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its pretty common to have logged 400+ Hours if you are competitive. I have three save files with over 800 hours that I trade between. Once is my main breeding game which is easier to breed on than others~ (D/P/Pt), the second is my Training where I EV train my newly raised Pokemon as well as attempt to get them decent moves. (SS), and my last is what I use to play online (B) I also rebreed for friends on my Black Version and update IV/EVs for them.

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Easy.

My game counts time when it's "hibernating." Supposedly, I've played 40 hours and I've only reached Castelia City.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Everything you do is timed, it just all adds up doing plots & the storyline, training, filling the pokedex and after years you see yourself at 400+

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm not sure how some people take nearly 100+ hours to complete the story, I've done nearly everything there is to do on White (Except see and catch all pokemon) and I've only clocked up about 40 hours. Each to their own I suppose though. :)
    It's possible if the player spends a lot of time level-grinding their Pokemon, trying different Pokemon throughout the game; or if they don't leave an area until they've caught every Pokemon species found there, battled every trainer, and found every item.

I've clocked in nearly 300 hours on my Pearl game. It's the first save file on there too, so the file's four years old. Most of that time was spent filling the holes in my Pokedex and EV training.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • It's possible if the player spends a lot of time level-grinding their Pokemon, trying different Pokemon throughout the game; or if they don't leave an area until they've caught every Pokemon species found there, battled every trainer, and found every item.

I've clocked in nearly 300 hours on my Pearl game. It's the first save file on there too, so the file's four years old. Most of that time was spent filling the holes in my Pokedex and EV training.

But I do go around fighting every trainer and finding every item. So I guess people must take longer because they EV train their Pokemon or something? Because that's something I don't do. Not much of a competitive battler.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • I spent 230 hours on Platinum, 480 on Heart Gold and over 800 on Black because in black i bothered to do the battle subway and the musicals and complete the pokedex and train loads of pokemon and travel around completing everything and doing the battle institute and getting loads of foreign pokemon so i can see their pokedex entries in different languages... and more so basically there is a lot to do on pokemon games :)

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • It's easy to clock up a few hundred hour on 1 game, the easiest way is to start up a trade thread ;)
    I have 700+ hours on my White and I still have to beat Cynthia, Elite 4 (second time), catch Kyurem

On my HG I have 450 hour and on my Diamond I have 50 hours but I'm only on the 4 Gym ^_^

Last edited:

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I have over 250 on Emerald, and I spent over 400 hours on Sapphire before I reset it. I also put about 75 hours on Diamond until it was stolen (funny story about that) and I have about 145 hours in Crystal. Black probably only has 25-40 hours on it right now.

123wert50

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I haven't played much on BW, 30 something hours.

On the other games, I've spent 9000+ hours total on everything.

IT'S OVAR 9 THOUSAND!

ShockGazm

Breaking Benjamin are Gods!
    Years
  • I know someone who's played the game for a long period of time (Not quite sure how long) just from looking in the PKMN Pc i noticed he had around 200 odd PKMN level 100 O.o Now that's dedication!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I think for me to build my "Dream Teams" It need at least 200 hours of work. But now, my gameplay time is just mere 130 hours.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I don't have a purpose to play for so long, but I often find my games always have hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Windie

oh okay.
    Years
  • My best friend has maxed out more than one of her games. I do not understand how that can happen.

My longest file is 300+, just adds up over time I guess.

Years
  • Back in my old file on Emerald, I used to spend hours going to my friends' Secret Bases that I had gotten into the game via mixing records, and battling them. I did this several times each, and also spent a lot of time in the Battle Frontier scrounging up BP so I could buy things for my Secret Base, moves like Thunderpunch, and miscellaneous items. It adds up.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • My time was spent trading to collect all Pokemon, then I opened a trade shop, then I got into EV Training, so yeah... I've got 400 hours + so far

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Finishing the National Dex is something to aspire to. Not just seeing the Pokemon, but catching and raising them, too. At least, that's what I'm doing in Sapphire. I've got a little over three hundred Pokemon registered as caught and am currently raising a Meowth and a Poliwag.

I guess a lot of time can be spent trading and battling with friends. Or you could play because you're bored. My friend has a team of level one hundreds and over three hundred hours on his Yellow. He didn't use any cheats or glitches to get there, either. He actually fought the Elite Four every day during lunch for an entire school year.

Another reason is bragging rights. How many can say that they've maxed out the internal clock through normal gameplay?

A lot of the newer games have more post game content and a reason to keep a save file for a long time. I love the battle frontier in Emerald, so I'll keep my save file for as a long time.

Breeding the best possible Pokemon and then EV training it can take a long time, too. I've got over fifty Feebas scattered around my third generation games and couple in my forth gen games. All of them are descended from my Swampert and a glitched Milotic my friend gave me. Back in third gen, you needed the right nature to evolve a Feebas and most of mine are just the wrong nature, making their only use breeding for a better one with the right nature.

Back