• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do people spend 300+ hours on 1 gamesave?

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Plug your DS into the charger and let it AFK/AFDS. :p

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    It's not really that hard to spend 300 hours or more on a gamesave, you can breed and hatch eggs to gain hours, you can continuously battle the elite 4 and champion, you can catch pokemon and fill your pokedex and do all sorts of different things lol.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I think Platinum was the one I spent the longest time on, somewhere around 356 hours. xD My Black version just turned over the 100 hours mark, even though today was the first time I'd picked up the game in months.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    I finish the main story in 40-60 hours usually, but when I try to complete the Pokédex then I can easily get few hundreds of hours on a save.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    I've had my White since about the beginning of the year and I have about 300 hours on it. There have been times in the past when I set the game down and do something else for a moment or two, but I doubt cumulatively that adds up to more than an hour really.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I regularly rack up 300+ hours counted in each Pokemon game.
    Now, that's not to say I actually spent every hour of that time playing. A lot of the time in my White version (281:30 and counting) was spent with the DS just sitting open because I had forgotten about it.
    Of course, there's also the grinding in between gyms/the Elite Four, the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway, exploring post-game stuff, and just getting bored and going out to catch Pokemon...
    For me, it's pretty easy to rack that kind of time up.

Years
    I think I've maybe clocked 300 hours on all of my games combined. The game that I had the most hours on was my original Sapphire file, and it had roughly 130 hours. Even then, about 40 of those hours was using that daycare trick where you put a heavy object on your up button right in front of a mudslide, and overnight your Pokemon would grow 30 levels. I think my Fire Red is also around 100 hours, but I'm not sure if I've quite hit that mark yet.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i have 200+ hrs so far on my SS.

breeding/EV training/and reg gameplay makes up for like around 200hrs and ive afk quiet a few hours. over 10 at least.

if i had all my pokemon games and theyre saved files. combined, i'd have over 1500hrs easily.

Back