• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do sound clips in posts sound?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    You can only use MP3-encoded files with these tags. (And sorry, there's no autoplay, so you're not going to go around and annoy people with wretched music.)
    Well actually, neither of those are true. xD

I'm guessing you just don't want people to know how.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Cool!

This is cool! Now I wonder if there ever will be a player for profile...(If there will be, it would be good if there was a auto-play feature just for the profiles...)

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    These are restrictions by the nature of how I've made the code. The original code itself can do a lot of things; however, the code is intentionally simplified and restricted to only allowing the person to specify a sound file URL and a title for the sound.
    You might want to double check your code then; I've can still use playlists, autoplay, autoload etc.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Haha, I deliberately didn't post an example for the very reason why it's not allowed. xD

I was just going to PM the examples so that people couldn't quote and use it themselves.

Last edited:

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Exactly, they tried to restrict it so that sounds weren't played when members didn't ant them to be.

It's just the same as them not allowing autoplay for youtube videos.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    This is cool! Now I wonder if there ever will be a player for profile...(If there will be, it would be good if there was a auto-play feature just for the profiles...)

Oh great, getting closer to myspace everyday [/sarcasm]

This tag is the most useless tag I've ever seen here. Since most music is freggin copyrighted, what's the point of the tag?
    IMO, there are probably other things waiting to have tags.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    See, why don't people just say "I have nothing else to say" or "24 characters" instead of posting a stupid picture or sound?

Because saying "24 characters" is considered as using fillers and thus it would still go against the rules, so they wouldn't be improving the post at all.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I don't think this question's been asked. What if you have tunes you want to upload from you computer and not the internet?

E.g. I want to upload Greatest Day by Take That and have it on my computer but cannot find it on the internet.

What would I do then?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I don't think this question's been asked. What if you have tunes you want to upload from you computer and not the internet?

I would like to second the above question, especially regarding smaller, "homemade" sound clips that might not be worthwhile to host on YouTube or anywhere else.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    What is that? Sorry, I don't know much about the internet.

EDIT: Ignore this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I tried to add a song from YouTube into a sound clip.
    I used the URL it gives you from the video. It showed the sound clip, but the music wouldn't play.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Wow, props to you Haraken!

I think this is a great addition to the community. Someting like this makes it possible to show mini smaples of songs or other things for people like me. I don't know why, but I'm really blown away by this new feature. I can't wait to try it out!

Awesome Job Haraken,
    Captain Arcane

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    How can I actually add the music to It because I don't know how to upload the music to add It, Do you recommend an site to upload and put the link to?

Back