• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do they know so much?

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    i'm watching the anime and like 9 episodes into johto (maybe less) brock and misty seem to know a damn lot of stuff about all those pokemon they never spoke of before.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Well, I mean, they ARE gym leaders. lol. But true. I guess they just need someone to be like 'parents' to Ash since Misty and Brock often talk sense into him and help him. Basically holds his hands.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Ash is apparently the character we are supposed to relate to. As the person above me stated Misty and Brock are supposed to be sort of "parental" figures to him. If the main character has an empty slate it's easier for the audience to learn new information then if he knows everything and doesn't ask any questions.

Back