• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do u tell if a girl likes you?

Grand_Venus

Advance Trainer
Years
  • Well i have been asking lately by my friend."How do you tell if a girl likes/admires/has a crush on you" Well i didnt answer. I Have never been in these things before, ermm maybe once or twice.

He's 15. Lately He noticed somehow that his old friend kinda likes him,For she always laugh at his jokes(well most of his jokes are indeed funny,).They have been friends since last year.Actually they're one of the best pairs in our class, well i dunno maybe because they also noticed that she always laughs at his jokes and she seem to be happy with him by just talking. This girl always go near on this friend of mine.It seems that she always wants to go with him. She goes near to him when he's outside.
    She often says hi to him.Actually we caught her taking a quick glance on him.Lol (sometimes they took a quick glance at the same time making the girl quickly look away) She seem to be always there wherever my friend is.
    She always talk to him with nonesense to him like"hey do u have an extra 5$ i forgot to bring my wallet,can u lend me one?Please?please?"
    In fact, when my friend passes by she'll start a conversation about the funny thing they've went through. She always smiles whenever my friend passes by even she does something important.So what do u think? does she like my friend That much? or is just she feels comfortable with my him?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I think it's pretty comfortable to say she likes him, but if that ISN'T right, a great friendship can be ruined. If possible have one of her girlfriends talk to her about it, maybe at a sleepover or something. Something like, "Hey, you seem to hang out with that guy a lot. What's up with that?" or something. While it's quite likely she does like him, dating often ruins friendship, so we want to be sure.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • Does he like her or is he just taking the opportunity if she does?

@Aureol
    A friendship is not going to be ruined by a date unless one (or both) of the people are too immature to deal with it.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    If she likes talking to him, she likes him, so anything could be done. It's a golden rule.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    If she likes talking to him, she likes him, so anything could be done. It's a golden rule.

what
    the
    hell

Have you actually ever had a female friend? Just because a girl likes to talk to a boy doesnt mean she likes him in that way.

to the original poster; you're a female, surely you know better than most of these guys.

Years
  • @Aureol
    A friendship is not going to be ruined by a date unless one (or both) of the people are too immature to deal with it.

THIS.

It's either..

Immature Girl said:
    "OMGWTF YOU LIKE ME??? I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS, IT'S TOO OVERWHELMING!"

or

Immature Guy said:
    "OMGWTF YOU DON'T LIKE ME??? I'M GONNA GO BE DEPRESSED AND NOT TALK TO YOU EVER AGAIN YOU JERK!"

Seriously, if people are acting like this they need to grow up a little. The friendship might be a tad awkward immediately afterward, but eventually whoever likes who (if they're smart) will realize their feelings are going nowhere and move on to the next person to preserve the friendship. If not, you end up with situations like I posted above.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • @Aureol

True, but these guys ARE 15, so I'm assuming they can't handle it. Myself, I'm still friends with like 80% of girls I've dated. I assume that there will be some immaturity, so I'm giving warning.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Wait what's the situation? Erm.. if he asks her then if she's truly his friends, and she doesn't feel the same way, she wouldn't be phased by it. She'd just say,

Gal: "Oh... alright. I'm sorry but I don't...
    Guy: "No no, I thought you did and I just wanted to give it a try."
    Gal: "Oh, I'm sorry. I think it's only best were just friends...
    Guy: "Yeah, yeah me too. :)""
    Gal: "Oh my daiz, did you see Glee last night!"

And they're back to normal :D

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • The answer to this is rather complicated... I could give a long detailed post about looking for signs and hints, etc. However, it always, ALWAYS boils down to taking the risk of asking them out if you like them. There are other methods which are even less subtle, but since these people are around 15, it can be complicated and tricky.

Usually girls like you if they talk to you, unless you're "just friends" then... you're pretty much stuck friends and the girl just most likely really enjoys your company.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • The girl could just be a flirt.

Assuming she is not, just tell him to give it a shot, when the opertunity opens it's self up. Also tell him to do it alone, in a private area. If she sais no, at leaste she knows, and trust me, when she is alone she will think about it, and slowly start to see this guy in a loving type of light.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Wait what's the situation? Erm.. if he asks her then if she's truly his friends, and she doesn't feel the same way, she wouldn't be phased by it. She'd just say,

Gal: "Oh... alright. I'm sorry but I don't...
    Guy: "No no, I thought you did and I just wanted to give it a try."
    Gal: "Oh, I'm sorry. I think it's only best were just friends...
    Guy: "Yeah, yeah me too. :)""
    Gal: "Oh my daiz, did you see Glee last night!"

And they're back to normal :D

IMO this is the best way to handle it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If she lets the guy give her physical contact... as in touching hair, pats on the back, etc... That's probably the trump card.

Yeah... I'm not saying it's DEFINITE, but seriously, the chances of a good crush hangs on high if that is happening. Maybe if it's a simple hug if people don't hug a lot in the school, or it can be subliminal. As in simple contact with the fingers when passing stuff to each other. That is sometimes hard to detect, and the person who causes the touching is no easier to detect.

But... yeah if you can see that you can bet a good amount of money on it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • First thing first, just because a person is only like 15 doesn't mean crap. A person can be 13 and still be mature enough to have a good relationship with a guy, okay? Age really doesn't mean a fart, though people only relate it because a certain age tends to act a certain way. And they can also get into good relationships.

As for the original poster... well, it seems like the guy's gonna be happy, BUT she could just be a flirt. But a real way to find out is by whether or not she likes him is pretty much what AdvancedK47 said, touch. That should be a good trump card.

EDIT *sigh*: Sorry about the first part. I sorta rambled on. You see, my GF just turned 13 and I'm 14, and we've been together for about 7 months now. Not that long, I guess, but I dunno

Grand_Venus

Advance Trainer
    Years
  • FIRST OF ALL, THANKS FOR POSTING! I TOOK ME A LOT OF TIME TO REPLY ON YOUR POST.
    SORRY FOR NOT REPLYING ON SOME POST,WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO REPLY ^_^

I think it's pretty comfortable to say she likes him, but if that ISN'T right, a great friendship can be ruined. If possible have one of her girlfriends talk to her about it, maybe at a sleepover or something. Something like, "Hey, you seem to hang out with that guy a lot. What's up with that?" or something. While it's quite likely she does like him, dating often ruins friendship, so we want to be sure.

Ill go try that when i have an oportunity.

Does he like her or is he just taking the opportunity if she does?

@Aureol

Both,But Actually my friend doesnt like her in the first place,His feeling towards her Builds up as my classmates tease them.

Really? She probably likes him then.

what
    the
    hell

Have you actually ever had a female friend? Just because a girl likes to talk to a boy doesnt mean she likes him in that way.

to the original poster; you're a female, surely you know better than most of these guys.

Well i Think she really likes him,Well im a girl, I feel strange on how he treats my friend.She seem to like my friend, according to my friend.And i think she's desperate having hims as her boyfriend or she is just testing if my friend cares for her and likes her.

The answer to this is rather complicated... I could give a long detailed post about looking for signs and hints, etc. However, it always, ALWAYS boils down to taking the risk of asking them out if you like them. There are other methods which are even less subtle, but since these people are around 15, it can be complicated and tricky.

Usually girls like you if they talk to you, unless you're "just friends" then... you're pretty much stuck friends and the girl just most likely really enjoys your company.

But the way she treats my friend, Its just simply different.She treats him as if he was her boyfriend! sO What do u think?

The girl could just be a flirt.

Assuming she is not, just tell him to give it a shot, when the opertunity opens it's self up. Also tell him to do it alone, in a private area. If she sais no, at leaste she knows, and trust me, when she is alone she will think about it, and slowly start to see this guy in a loving type of light.

She's No Flirt.I'Ve been eyeing her for about a week. I Found out that she doesnt talk to other boys unless its important.well she treats my friend in a special way.Well thats a good Idea.Ill go tell him right away

If she lets the guy give her physical contact... as in touching hair, pats on the back, etc... That's probably the trump card.

Yeah... I'm not saying it's DEFINITE, but seriously, the chances of a good crush hangs on high if that is happening. Maybe if it's a simple hug if people don't hug a lot in the school, or it can be subliminal. As in simple contact with the fingers when passing stuff to each other. That is sometimes hard to detect, and the person who causes the touching is no easier to detect.

But... yeah if you can see that you can bet a good amount of money on it.

Yeah, By just umm touching her back, hands.But the girl Often gives him a physical contact more than him.She Hugged my friend.She's never even hugged any of her friend even her BFF! She Treats my friend as if he was her boyfriend!

First thing first, just because a person is only like 15 doesn't mean crap. A person can be 13 and still be mature enough to have a good relationship with a guy, okay? Age really doesn't mean a fart, though people only relate it because a certain age tends to act a certain way. And they can also get into good relationships.

As for the original poster... well, it seems like the guy's gonna be happy, BUT she could just be a flirt. But a real way to find out is by whether or not she likes him is pretty much what AdvancedK47 said, touch. That should be a good trump card.

EDIT *sigh*: Sorry about the first part. I sorta rambled on. You see, my GF just turned 13 and I'm 14, and we've been together for about 7 months now. Not that long, I guess, but I dunno

She's no flirt, i ve been eyeing her for about a week. He doesnt talk to other boys ABOUT her interests and likes,like what she does on my friend,Well maybe she talks to other boys unless its important.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    what
    the
    hell

what
    the
    hell

I meant the way the poster's friend is talking to him.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    When she enjoys talking to him and his company, feels she can tell him things she wouldn't normally tell others, or is sexually attracted to him, as in checks him out a lot in a lustful way.
    Nothing is a sure fire indicator bar her confessions her feelings but there are some signs you can watch for.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Due to my username, I can only answer the opposite of this question, aka "How do you tell if a guy likes you?" The answer of course, being this:

How do u tell if a girl likes you?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    A scientific way to determine whether someone likes you or not is to play spin the bottle.

Back