• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you battle?

elric331

Kurosaki Ichigo
Years
  • i just fight with brute force...
    no strategies whatsoever
    although i like to raise the odd stat here and there sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2008
    Im from the uk and just go all out attack with a variety of types and have 1 pokemon which adsorbs the blows like snorlax or milotic and just pick natures.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • I just look for a type weakness and show no mercy. *Flashes back to commanding level 80 Blaziken using Blaze Kick against level 2 Wurmple.*

Tai Kazuya

Passionate Trainer
    Years
  • I personally use nothing but moves that cause damage and an effect at the same time and then leave the rest up to luck(as in the probability of the secundary effect happening)

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • i go all out, BUT i go for weakness and resistance. for example, my opponent is using a Pidgeot. well, then i'll pull out my Golem and swing at it with Rock Slide. i like effects, but i don't use them too horribly often, though i do like using the occasional hypnosis, stun spore, sleep powder, confuse ray, etc...

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I like to annoy. I put them to sleep then kill them slowly wit leech seed and stuff like that. And don't forget rest. Rest with Chesto berry is AMAZING.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • I usually go with combo's (depending on the pokemon I'm using). Like using Gardevior's hypnosis to put the opponent to sleep, the using as many calm minds as possiable during the time the opponent is asleep. Then when they wake up unleash a deadly thunderbolt or phychic attack on them.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • What I mean is, I go for pokemon who's ability is Static and other related, and when my opponent's pokemon make contact, that status ailment will be inflicted.

Only about 30% of the time, really. And beyond that, the Pokemon that have abilities like that tend to be a little lacking in the HP/defense department. ^_^;

So, against a human player, I go for the usual. Start off with a Spiker, set up for a Baton Passer/sweeper, continue to wipe out a nice number of Pokemon.

Against the AI, however, I tend to go for a mix. Type weaknesses in some areas and in others, I like to use sweepers. Like Gardevoir boosting itself with Calm Mind and going in with Psychics and Thunderbolts a blazin'.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    if im just playing single player, i use brute strength no mercey all out, style...but if im battling another human being...i love to confuse my opponents pokemon, i love to drown my opponent in frusteration...its a very satisfying feeling really...lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Annoyers are my all-time favorite competitive battling archetype. Toxic/Poison Fang + Confuse Ray + Double Team/Attract + Fly/Attract makes for a hard-to-beat Crobat.

Spikes is also a favorite of mine in order to scrap anyone who will just switch out their Toxic'd pokémon

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • i use their weakneses againts them like if my opponent is ice i use blaziken
    or beat them with no force at all
    oh...and i'll use any move just to beat 'em
    even dynamic punch with no lock on

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I am an abuser of the move Toxic. I'll poison them, and if they kill my Poke, it doesn't worry me as much b/c the poison will kill them sooner or later! =P

And also... PARATRACTIONFUSION. The ultimate kill annoyer combo. Paralyze 'em, then attract 'em, then confuse 'em. Niiiice XD

But the odd time I'll use brute force/special force, and use their own weakness against them. ;D

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I battle using a balanced team with a phyiscal wall, a special wall, a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, a status absorber (Usually a Pokémon with Rest/Sleep Talk or simply a Pokémon with Guts) and a cleric, spiker, supporter or mixed sweeper. Annoyers have never really been my thing.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Ingame I just go all out with only attacking moves. It isn't difficult enough in most areas to have to come up with a strategy.

I don't really do competitive battling, but depending on the Pokemon, strategies are devised around my team.

Back