• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] How do you change the hp bar speed?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    Hello, I want to know how the speed of the hp bar can be slowed, I've already seen an answer but it's for EBS. So if someone tells me how to change the speed of the hp bar in the normal battle of pokemon essentials, I would be very grateful! Thanks for advance!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    In the PokeBattle_Scene script section, lines 706 and 709 determine the speed that the HP bar animation runs at when increasing and decreasing respectively. The two lines look like this:

Code:
    @currenthp += [1,(@battler.totalhp/96).floor].max

@currenthp -= [1,(@battler.totalhp/96).floor].max

Changing the "1" at the beginning of the array will affect the speed. Making it lower than 1 will make the bars increase/decrease slower, and making it higher than 1 will make them do so faster. For example, I have mine at 0.3 to better match the speed of the main games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Hello, I'm creating a Pokemon Game and i just downloaded Luka SJ's EBS (Elite Battle System). I cannot seem to find how to slow down the depletion rate of the health bar. The newest download only came with on giant zip file with everything I need and 1 script for the EBS. I also had to download the Scripting Utilities as well for the battle scenes to run. Any ideas where i can find the hp bar code? Your answer from March 30th doesnt work for the newest download.

I do have a RPGXP file that gets ran by a script in the EBS but i cannot open it. Thought i'd add on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    The method I posted above is for regular Essentials, not EBS. I don't use EBS, so I'm not sure how it'd work there, but I'd assume it'd be in a similar part of the EBS script.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    For EBS, look for def update in EliteBattle_3, and edit the integers in that block field. I have mine set to 40.0. You only have to edit the contents of @animatingHP.

Back